QTP 11 doesn't identify Java object in IE8 for Java 7 update 21 (618 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Singhan
Message 1 of 3 (618 Views)

QTP 11 doesn't identify Java object in IE8 for Java 7 update 21

Hi,

I have installed QTP 11 & Java 7 update 21. There is a envoirnment variable JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS -
-agentlib:jvmhook. If i remove it application is working but QTP stop recognizing some of java objects. For example a Java dialog is listed as Windows object. I have tried installing the QTP patch

QTPJV_00051

QTPJV_00057

QTP_00782

But still it doesn't work. PLease help

Regards

Anurag

HP Expert
bobando
Message 2 of 3 (591 Views)

Re: QTP 11 doesn't identify Java object in IE8 for Java 7 update 21

Hi Anurag,

Are you having any specific conflict with the java application when QTP is installed with the java add-in?

You can exclude the java hooking to that application only if necessary by following steps from this KB article: KM834284 

The JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS environment variable is required only when testing against Java 6 or 7 (versions 1.6 or 1.7), if it gets disabled then there will be issues to recognize java controls with QTP.

Thanks

HP | Unified Functional Testing Engineer

[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way)
Regular Advisor
L V Prasad
Message 3 of 3 (559 Views)

Re: QTP 11 doesn't identify Java object in IE8 for Java 7 update 21

Hi,

Could you please share the patches for Java, tried online but couldnt get without HP Passport.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.