QTP 11 crashed when I try to open a test (278 Views)
Visitor
charly_salazar
Message 1 of 3 (278 Views)

QTP 11 crashed when I try to open a test

Hi everyone,

I installed QTP 11.0 on Windows 7 Professional, everything was working fine but I tried to open some scripts that were already created and it sends me an error saying "Unexpected format file" and it replace all the code that I had in those scripts. Also once that I got that error and trying to recorder and save a new test, QTP sends another error "This operation cannot be performed. For futher help please contact support" and the message cannot close so I have to finish the QTP process.

Does anyone have an answer about it? Any kind of comments and suggestions are so welcome.

Thank you in advance!

Magali

Advisor
hpalmedm
Message 2 of 3 (181 Views)

Re: QTP 11 crashed when I try to open a test

Hello,

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I am having similar problem when I try to Run a Test in Service Test. If I choose for Results Location "New results in ALM/QC project" it gives em the error "The Operation cannot be performed. "

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Unified-Functional-Testing/The-Operation-cannot-be-performed-Service-Te...

Any idea?

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
KeithHeffner
Message 3 of 3 (163 Views)

Re: QTP 11 crashed when I try to open a test

I installed QTP 11.0 on Windows 7 Professional, everything was working fine but I tried to open some scripts that were already created and it sends me an error saying "Unexpected format file"

I've gotten this several times and always found that there are extraneous actions in the directory structure -- the program thinks there should only be Action0 and Action1 but it's finding Action2. This usually occurs after I've loaded a script, changed a few things and then saved it. It really starts messing things up in a subversioned directory.

My workaround, though not elegant, is to create a new script, import the object repository, open the faulty script in a text editor (look under Action1 in the directory and open the Scripts.mts file), copy the code and paste it into the newly created script.

Save the script as a different name (I think the problem is that QTP/UFT appends new actions and it messes things up) and it should work. Again, not elegant but I've had a lot of success doing this.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.