QTP 11.0 not recognizing objects with the new .NET 4.5 framework (793 Views)
Occasional Collector
Atfaruqi
Message 1 of 4 (793 Views)

QTP 11.0 not recognizing objects with the new .NET 4.5 framework

We have QTP 11 installed and we recently upgraded to .NET framework. We are running QTP against a WPF environment. QTP is not recognizing a LIST object. We have a "Policy Menu"  which is identified as a WPFList. This list is sort of a bucket for submenus which are created as list objects. In order to select the proper list item, we are using the select method,however, at runtime, it is not opening the respoective policy menu item screen. The only thing that changed in the application that is being tested is how we present the "sub menus". They used to look like buttons but now they were changed to look like a link.  We have changed the font and the colors around it but the object type has not changed. QTP used to see it as a WPFButton and we used to use the click method to select the sub menu but now QTP is only recognizing the outside list as "WPFList" and not selecting any of the sub menu items.

We have the following patches installed:

QTP_0069, QTP 00709, QTPNET_00062, QTPWEB_00078, QTPNET_00113, QTPNET_00116, QTP_00925, QTPNET_00127, and QTPNET_00120.

Please advise.

Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 2 of 4 (783 Views)

Re: QTP 11.0 not recognizing objects with the new .NET 4.5 framework

In the Readme file for QTP 11 it states:

•If you want to work with .NET 4.0, it is best to install it before you install QuickTest. If you install .NET 4.0 after you install QuickTest, you must manually register two .NET DLLs as follows:
In <QuickTest installation folder>\GlobalAssemblyCache\Net4, execute the following commands:

•..\..\bin\GACRegUtil4x86.exe -i Mercury.QTP.Agent.dll
•..\..\bin\GACRegUtil4x86.exe -i Mercury.QTP.WpfAgent.dll

This fix may also work for you for .NET 4.5 installed after QTP. However. .NET 4.5 is not listed in the Product Availability Matrix for QTP 11.0 as a supported product.
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1210389/binary/QTP11.00_ProductAvailableMatrix.p...
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Occasional Visitor
Dosapati_Anand
Message 3 of 4 (730 Views)

By any chance is there any support HP gives as hotfix for resolving these .Net 4.5 compatibility issues. Or any patches expected in the near furture.

Occasional Visitor
Dosapati_Anand
Message 4 of 4 (711 Views)

Current latest version of UFT will be able to work with .Net 4.5 framework?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.