QTP 10 Recording issue for internet explorer 11! (636 Views)
Occasional Visitor
iftiikhar
Message 1 of 6 (636 Views)

QTP 10 Recording issue for internet explorer 11!

[ Edited ]

My internet explorer is updated from 10 to 11, now the actions performed on the IE 11 is not recorded in QTP 10. Can any one guide me in this regard whether it requires patching or any other solution................

P.S. This thread has been moved from Quality Center Support and News Forum to Unified Functional Testing (formerly QTP) News and Support Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
hkacarov
Message 2 of 6 (623 Views)

Re: QTP 10 Recording issue for internet explorer 11!

Hi iftiikhar,

To my knowledge QTP10 does not support neither IE10, nor IE11. Also, QTP10 is no longer supported so there is no patch which add support for these versions of IE. I would advise you to either upgrade to the latest version of QTP (UFT11.5) or try launching IE10 in IE8 compatibility mode.

Hristo

HP QC Support Engineer
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
iftiikhar
Message 3 of 6 (598 Views)

Thank you for reply. It means QTP 10 not support I.E 10 and 11 we have to go back to I.E 9 or I.E 8 to record scripts. Am I right?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 4 of 6 (589 Views)

Yes. You need to downgrade your IE application to a supported version.

According to the QTP 10 Product Availability Matrix, IE 8 is the latest supported version.
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM744522/binary/QTP10_ProdAvailMatrx.pdf?searchIde...
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
HaiTNguyen
Message 5 of 6 (559 Views)

You have to look in to Product Availability Matrix that came with QTP10 to see what version of IE is supported. IE9 is unlikely to be supported in QTP10. It is supported in QTP11.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Genomics
Message 6 of 6 (35 Views)

How do I get a trial version of UFT 11.52 for evaluation on IE 11 with Windows 7?

Thanks,

Gen

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation