Re: [QC - QTP] Test Runs on ALL ROWS when Data Table is associated via Test Configuration Dialog (1650 Views)
Advisor
tarumalik
Message 1 of 4 (1,929 Views)

[QC - QTP] Test Runs on ALL ROWS when Data Table is associated via Test Configuration Dialog

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am facing two issues while working with tests in QTP-QC (v11) integrated environment:

1. QTP closes when  the test run that was initiated via QC ends - this is supposed to be fixed in the Hotfix QTP_00809 , but I no where find this patch even on  support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/patches

Can someone please provide?

2. When I associate DataTable which is stored in QC Test Resources with the Test in Test Plan by selecting the Data Source dropdown (in the Test Configuration Details dialog) and then associating each of the Test Parameter Name with the Resource Parameter Name (in the Data Resource Settings dialog); the test iterates for all the DataTable rows - which I dont want as I am controlling the datatable rows execution explicilty using the FOR loop ( i= 1 to DataTable.GlobalSheet.GetRowCount); thus, if there are 4 rows, my tests gets executed 4*4=16 times.

[During execution, I checked File Settings -> Run, DataTable Iterations got automatically selected to "Run on all rows"; however, before running the test I confirmed that it was selected to "Run one iteration only".]

NOTE: I even observed this multiple times test execution earlier, WHEN either the Default.xls Data Table (design-time) OR when the DataTable in QC Test Resources is imported in the script at run time and the test was executed via the QC. to Fix this I installed  QTP_00733 (Runs Specific Iteration Range from Test Set and Display Iterations Correctly )

Please guide and provide a solution to this soon.

Thanks

Respected Contributor
Martin Sander
Message 2 of 4 (1,888 Views)

Re: [QC - QTP] Test Runs on ALL ROWS when Data Table is associated via Test Configuration Dialog

Hi

In answer to your first point - not sure but there are several places where flags can be set/checked to stop this happening - one is on the Run Agent. Maybe some others can provide the details

To answer your second point - this is a bug. I have an open call on this with HP at the moment. NOTE : it si not fixed in 11.50/1 either :-)

Thanks

Martin

Advisor
tarumalik
Message 3 of 4 (1,845 Views)

Re: [QC - QTP] Test Runs on ALL ROWS when Data Table is associated via Test Configuration Dialog

[ Edited ]

Thanks Martin for replying.

The first Issue that I reported can be fixed by adding the parameter 'SUPPORT_TESTSET_END' in your Site Admin in Site configurations tab and setting its value to "N".

Here is its definition in the ALM 11 Administrator guide:

“If this parameter is set to “Y” (default), QuickTest Professional closes automatically when a test set is finished running.”

And, to get my  2nd issue Fixed, I've opened up the Case with HP.  Hope I get the solution soon!

Thanks,

Advisor
Ivan Trampedach
Message 4 of 4 (1,650 Views)

I would like to know if 2) is fixed ?

I amfacingthesameprobleminversion11.52

Regards
Ivan S Trampedach
Using UFT 11.52 and ALM 11.0
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.