Re: Not able to invoke sample HP flight service in HP UFT(unified functional testin) (1069 Views)
Occasional Contributor
namrata_bedare
Message 1 of 10 (2,410 Views)

Not able to invoke sample HP flight service in HP UFT(unified functional testin)

HP UFT 11.50
Not able to follow below steps:
---------------------------------------------------
As a first step, you will invoke the sample flight application, so that it will be
available for your test.
To start the HP Flights service:
1 Make sure you have administrator privileges. These are required by
Windows to run the sample HP Flights service.
2 Select Start > (All) Programs > HP Software > HP Unified Functional Testing
> Sample Applications > Flight API. A Command window opens indicating
that the application is available.
3 If the window issues a message that the default port 24240 is unavailable,
edit the
<installation_directory>SampleApplication\HPFlights_Service.exe.config
file in a text editor. In the appSettings section, replace the 24240 port key
with a valid one.
4 Minimize the sample application’s Command window. Do not close the
Command window, as this will stop the service.

Please find the attachment of error snapshot.

Thanks and Best Regards
Namrata
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 2 of 10 (2,375 Views)

Re: Not able to invoke sample HP flight service in HP UFT(unified functional testin)

It would appear from the screen image that you have done more than just the 4 steps you list here, since the screen image shows UFT is open. What additional steps have you executed, and at exactly what point in those steps does the error message occur.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Occasional Visitor
RonaldM
Message 3 of 10 (2,342 Views)

Re: Not able to invoke sample HP flight service in HP UFT(unified functional testin)

I have the same problem. When I start the Flight API as described in the tutorial inmediately an window pops up (on top of the command window) saying that HPFlights_Service.exe has stopped working.

You can select " View problem details" in de popup window, which gives:

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: hpflights_service.exe

Problem Signature 02: 11.0.0.0

Problem Signature 03: 50f6e626

Problem Signature 04: System.ServiceModel

Problem Signature 05: 3.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 5063ffbf

Problem Signature 07: d1

Problem Signature 08: a8

Problem Signature 09: I0SHPZEWVQV4P1UJY40X15MQTHF34RR5

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID: 2057

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Occasional Visitor
RonaldM
Message 4 of 10 (2,339 Views)

Aha, I should start the service as "administrator" .  Now it runs fine...

Occasional Visitor
pekinj44
Message 5 of 10 (1,939 Views)

I am currently having the same issues outline regarding the HP QPT testing software. When I open the HPFlight API program by just clicking on it, the screen stops responding and I get the "HPFlight_Services.exe has stopped working" text and the only option I have is to close the program and report to Microsoft. However, when I open the program by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator, I get the Dos command window and nothing happens. When I go ahead and open the program again while the dos (command line) screen is still open, I get an error message "The default port is not available" as you can see in the attachment. 

I saw some of the responses but none seem to work for me. I install QTP 11.5. Besides, I don't know what's the valid port number to use as mentioned in another person's response. My configuration file port # is 24240. I have no idea what to replace that with. 

HP Expert
Ana_Noncheva
Message 6 of 10 (1,897 Views)

Hello pekinj44,

Everything seems ok in screenshot #2, there no need to go and open it again!

You just leave the cmd window open and go to UFT to test the web service with given SOAP/REST urls: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00629376

Regards,

Ana

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Visitor
Trinkle
Message 7 of 10 (1,874 Views)

Ann,

I wanted to say thanks for the link and the information you left regarding my post because it worked and I really appreciate it! I am quite new to Automation Testing especially with QTP. I am looking to improve my skills and show my current employer the need to involve Automation Testing in our software testing environment. I want to be ahead and prepared to be convincing when I do so. Please let me know if there are other resources I can use to help grow my skills. 

Austin

HP Expert
Ana_Noncheva
Message 8 of 10 (1,859 Views)

Hello,

Sure, you can search our SSO knowledge base for latest product manuals/tutorials/knowledge documents/known problems here: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/documents

(Tip: When searching for knowledge documents/known problems for QTP/UFT, do not specify the product version: i.e. you only type search keywords and select the name of the product from the list. You should only specify the version, when searching for manuals/tutorials.)

Also, there are a lot of QTP/UFT support tips in following forum: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Unified-Functional-Testing-QTP/bd-p/functional-test-qtp-support-custome...

For UFT, you can also check following page: https://hpln.hp.com/group/unified-functional-testing 

Regards,

Ana

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Occasional Visitor
kapil_padiyath
Message 9 of 10 (1,355 Views)

Even i am having the same issue ;while invoking the FLIGHT API , a command pops up. In the command line it mention some unhandled exception. I am not able to invoke the same as a administrator too since i do not have admin access. Please find the screenshot for further referance

Thanks

Kapil

MRZ
Occasional Visitor
MRZ
Message 10 of 10 (1,069 Views)

I couldn't run HP Flight API on my laptop. A forum member has offered suggestion to change port from 24220 to the right port number. Well how would I know which one is the right prot number?  

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.