Re: Need help me how to execute QTP scripts from remote system inwhich QTP is not installed (412 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Murty_tvln
Message 1 of 6 (493 Views)
Accepted Solution

Need help me how to execute QTP scripts from remote system inwhich QTP is not installed

Hi,

There is a requirement as below,

I have 2 systems-System A and System B

In System A, i have QTP installed and in System B i dont have QTP installed, but the application to be tested is deployed in B and wenwant to automate this process.

Question - how do i run the scripts on System B in order to test the application. Is there any tools if it is possible.

Kindly help me regarding this as this is very urgent.

Thanks,

Murty

Regular Advisor
AnkurJain
Message 2 of 6 (489 Views)

Re: Need help me how to execute QTP scripts from remote system inwhich QTP is not installed

You should have QTP installed on a machine where you want to run the test. There is no other way.

------------------------------------------------------------
Please make sure to "Kudos" on the left and mark the thread as resolved if this has answered your query.
Occasional Advisor
Murty_tvln
Message 3 of 6 (482 Views)

Re: Need help me how to execute QTP scripts from remote system inwhich QTP is not installed

Thanks ankur for quick replay..

HP Expert
vzamoraz
Message 4 of 6 (456 Views)

Hi Murty

Totally agree with AnkurJain.
      Also remember if you have a valid contract with HP feel free to visit our FT/QTP Support Customer Forums: <http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Unified-Functional-Testing-QTP/bd-p/functional-test-qtp-support-custome... >

Best Regards.

Frequent Advisor
pavanpy
Message 5 of 6 (416 Views)

Hi Ankur, 

A related query,

The remote machine had the installed version of QTP, but to run it there, should QTP be open or it will invoked automatically and execution will commence?

+pavan

Regular Advisor
AnkurJain
Message 6 of 6 (412 Views)

@pavanpy: You have all the ways availabe as you would have with the normal desktop.

Please make sure to "Kudos" on the left and mark the thread as resolved if this has answered your query.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.