Re: NEW !! Functional Testing/QTP Support Customer Forum ! (2041 Views)
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 1 of 8 (5,914 Views)

NEW !! Functional Testing/QTP Support Customer Forum !

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

We have heard requests from our customers to offer support via the community forums. After a successful pilot on our Service Manager product, we are starting today with a Support Customer Forum for our HP Functional Testing/QTP product. We are looking at rolling out to other products this year as well.

This forum will only be accessible to those customers who have a valid support contract. This is an additional service for those customers who have a valid support contract on these products.

We have created an automatic process, which will check if there is a valid support contract on logon to the community. It is essential that customers link a valid support contract to their HP Passport profile. We have attached a document which will explain linking a support contract to an HP Passport profile.    

Expect the following activities in the Support customer forum:

• Expert sessions on product related topics via short videos and the ability to ask questions related to the specific session ;
  • Tips and tricks;
  • Information which will improve users knowledge of HP Functional Testing/QTP
  • Discussions with support experts.

We are also giving customers the possibility to request which activities they would like to see in this forum. 

Our expert team of HP Functional Testing/QTP Engineers will be actively monitoring these forums to answer questions. We encourage customers to try out this method of support rather than placing a telephone call or logging an online ticket. We do realize there will be situations where a support call is necessary, where we need to do more research.

However, we are hoping that customers will use this forum to get information or help on HP Functional Testing/QTP Topics. 

As we look to the future, we believe this is a medium where we can provide quick support, share knowledge and help customers use the HP Functional Testing/QTP product to run their businesses optimally. 

We will still be monitoring the existing public Functional Testing/QTP forums, but we will prioritize questions coming into this new forum from our customers that have a support contract.

The prerequisite in accessing this new forum will be a valid support contract. Once a valid support contract is linked to a users’ HP Passport account, access to the Functional Testing/QTP Support Customer Forum should be visible. If access is not granted, please send an email to swcommunity@hp.com and include the valid support contract number along with a company email address and the user’s screen name in the community. 

We hope we can use this forum to build a closer relationship and help build customers’ knowledge on the HP Functional Testing/QTP product..  

For any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to ask via swcommunity@hp.com  or reply to this post. 

Greetings, 

The HP Software Support Team

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Sasha_1
Message 2 of 8 (5,866 Views)

Re: NEW !! Functional Testing/QTP Support Customer Forum !

Hi .

What's the link for  a new forum ?

Thanks

Sasha

Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 3 of 8 (5,864 Views)

If you have access you should see the forum in the Functional Testing/QTP category. It is called:

Functional Testing/QTP Support Customer Forum.

You would then see two forums namely:

• Functional Testing/QTP Support Forum
  • Functional Testing/QTP Support Customer Forum

If you don't have access then you will only see the Functional Testing/QTP Support Forum.

Make sure that you have your valid support contract tied to your HP Passport profile. If you do then you should see the forum. Please take a look at the attachment in my post explaining how you can do this. You also can check to see if you have a valid contract tied to your HP Passport profile using the attachment.

Greetings,

Bill

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Sasha_1
Message 4 of 8 (5,859 Views)

Hi Bill.

Now I see .

Thank you!

Sasha

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Sperk
Message 5 of 8 (5,840 Views)

Bill are freelancers able to access the new forum?

I move from company to company as demand dictates, some test departments either will not disclose the info or some do not know the details?

Mark.

Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 6 of 8 (5,827 Views)

Hi Mark,

This Support customer forum is only accessible to those customers/partners that have a valid support contract. You will need to tied this valid support contract to your HP Passport file. Once this is done, the next time you login you will see the support customer forum in the Functional Testing/QTP category.

Greetings,

Bill

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
JimSears7
Message 7 of 8 (5,153 Views)

I hope the following constructive feedback is helpful. I'm frustrated with your web presence.

In regards to your forum change, why couldn't you just prioritize the questions you answer with those who have a contract associated to their id but STILL make all the content visible to the public? That approach maintains the integrity of the knowledge base by 1) Sharing the content with the entire community 2) Centralize the content so that both the end use and the support desk would have only one location to search for answers instead of having two separate forums for those who have a contract and those who don't. Follow up point: I've worked at several companies where the SAID was not shared at ALL! I couldn't open tickets, I could login to restricted content. QC admin didn't want end users with access to the SAID because they didn't want them opening their own service tickets which consequently keeps them from having access to restricted content.

Sometimes helping your customers doens't have to be about the contract money but just about helping them.

One other thing, I've never seen so much clutter and confusion when it comes to HP web sites, certifications and forums. I wish HP would take the time to re-organize their web presence. I've spent 3 days following link after link to get to the certification information and find my way back to the forums. 

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
stonedinaus
Message 8 of 8 (2,041 Views)

Bill, whilst I do understand that HP should give priority to customers with current support contracts, by excluding freelancers you are missing out on the contribution that can be made by people such as myself that are experts in the use of the products but through circumstance do not have a SAID. Maybe you need a new class of user "independent experts"?
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation