Migrating QTP Scripts to QC , Relative path while using Call to Existing Action (346 Views)
Occasional Collector
SharathK
Message 1 of 4 (346 Views)

Migrating QTP Scripts to QC , Relative path while using Call to Existing Action

We had prepared an Automation Framework . There was a driver Script that called individual actions that was saved seperately(Modules) .

The driver script used relative path to call those actions so that it worked on all machines

Now we are migrating the scipt to ALM.

1) Modules  is a test that is stored in the TEST PLAN folder in ALM ( Path  Quality Center]Subject\Test1)

2) In the driver script the how do I call these actions

Respected Contributor
Martin Sander
Message 2 of 4 (313 Views)

Re: Migrating QTP Scripts to QC , Relative path while using Call to Existing Action

Hi

Is your Driver script in QTL ?

Thanks
Martin
Occasional Collector
SharathK
Message 3 of 4 (305 Views)

Re: Migrating QTP Scripts to QC , Relative path while using Call to Existing Action

Thanks Martin for your response ,

The Driver script is a VBS script that  again resides as a " Quick Test Set "  in the ALM Test plan folder . I need to run the driver script  invoking actions  from the Modules that is stored as another Quick Test Test Set " in the Test plan folder

Respected Contributor
Martin Sander
Message 4 of 4 (294 Views)

Hi

Understood - I have seen this type of process before and is not realy the best mechanism to adopt for QTP/QC due to the problems you have explained.

If I understand correctly you probably have an Excel sheet that lists the Actions you want to perform ?

So your process is possibly something like

1. Create a QTP Session

2. Load you Actions as per the list and then execute them

3. Save your results in some Test Lab holding place

I have seen this done but where the Actions have been saved as Function Libraries and then loaded as required.

Driver programs are not an efficient way to run QTP from QC.

Sorry - I cannot help any further

Thanks

Martin

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.