Re: Internet Explorer 8 stops responding (crashes) while QTP running more than 40 minutes (314 Views)
Advisor
Pete21
Message 1 of 6 (400 Views)

Internet Explorer 8 stops responding (crashes) while QTP running more than 40 minutes

Hi all,

I have a web application and I test it with QTP 11 / Windows 7/ IE8

However, if QTP test has a lot of actions and the execution is around 1 hour then IE8 crashes (the message that it is stops responding, appeared)

Do you know why?Do I have to install a patch or something?

Thank you

Super Advisor
csm2mk
Message 2 of 6 (357 Views)

Re: Internet Explorer 8 stops responding (crashes) while QTP running more than 40 minutes

IE 8 on win7 is kinda of a hidden thing by Microsoft.

I think they did it to "hide" incompatibilities.

I have tried to downgrade from IE9 just to have compatibility for my scripts in win7 and it is not as stable as IE8 in winXP.

Maybe you should go back to IE9?

Just saying... :)

Regular Advisor
AnkurJain
Message 3 of 6 (354 Views)

Re: Internet Explorer 8 stops responding (crashes) while QTP running more than 40 minutes

May be it's because of browser bloating up with cookies/cache when running contonously for an hour -

Did you try this?(on IE)

WebUtil.DeleteCookies

------------------------------------------------------------
Please make sure to "Kudos" on the left and mark the thread as resolved if this has answered your query.
------------------------------------------------------------
Advisor
Pete21
Message 4 of 6 (335 Views)

Thank you for the answer

Unfortunately client wants the IE8..I wish to use IE9

Advisor
Pete21
Message 5 of 6 (333 Views)

No I havent tried the WebUtil.DeleteCookies. I will and I will let you know

Thank you for the answer

Advisor
Pete21
Message 6 of 6 (314 Views)

[ Edited ]

It seems that the issue still exists

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.