Re: Internet Explorer 8 crashes when creating a QTP 11 test (1267 Views)
Occasional Advisor
andygagliardi
Message 1 of 7 (1,301 Views)

Internet Explorer 8 crashes when creating a QTP 11 test

I am running QTP 11 (build 1018) and trying to record a test script with Internet Explorer 8.  When I get to a certain point in the recording, Internet Explorer crashes.  This happens at the same point every time and I have been able to reproduce the issue on another team members workstation with the same setup.  Any help would be most appreciated.

Occasional Visitor
ecavalcante2
Message 2 of 7 (1,294 Views)

Re: Internet Explorer 8 crashes when creating a QTP 11 test

This error occurs to any WebSite or to a specific URL with a specific technology?
Occasional Advisor
andygagliardi
Message 3 of 7 (1,290 Views)

It is a specific website/environment behind our firewall that we use for UAT testing.  When I am NOT recording on the same URL, internet explorer works fine and does not crash.

Occasional Visitor
ecavalcante2
Message 4 of 7 (1,284 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try open your application manually and goes to the point where IE crashed, now, open the QTP and put the Spy pointer in the object that generated the crash, check if this object is identified correctly.

Occasional Advisor
andygagliardi
Message 5 of 7 (1,276 Views)

The spy identifies the object correctly.

The issue I am having is not when my script is running.  It only happens when recording for the first time.  If I am not recording, the application and functions work perfect.

Occasional Visitor
ecavalcante2
Message 6 of 7 (1,271 Views)

Well, try do this: Close the QTP and click in the menu Start -> HP QuickTest Professional ->Tools -> Additional Installation Requirements (If your OS is Win7, then run as administrator).

enable the first option (Configure Internet Explorer Settings) and disable the other options. Click in Run button, retart your OS and retest the scenario.

Can be some problem in the IE configuration or on your application, if is possible, upgrade your IE and check for updates of HP to update the QTP to new IE.

Sorry, i already saw this issue but don't remember the exact solution.

Occasional Advisor
andygagliardi
Message 7 of 7 (1,267 Views)

OK, I'll give it a try. It's weird because a similar type of functionality works fine. It's just this one specific instance. It's too bad this is something I can not publicize to provide screenshots ( it's a governmental portal, plus behind firewall), otherwise I would post some.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.