Re: How to send vbCRLF properly in sapedit (152 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Jonathan12345
Message 1 of 3 (179 Views)

How to send vbCRLF properly in sapedit

Hi, all

I am on UFT 11.5 and trying to find a way to capture the keyboard return in the SAP webdynpro. Not sure if there is a way to paste image in this forum. But there is an input box in the app, I need to UFT to type some input, hit return and then some result will show in the other boxes.

Here is the DP code that I tried:

Browser("Secure Access Portal -").Page("Home - TEAM Portal / Portail_2").Frame("RCMP: PTSB/PTSS - Create_2").SAPEdit("Client HRMIS Id: *").Set "000135359" & vbCRLF

This failed with syntax error

Browser("Secure Access Portal -").Page("Home - TEAM Portal / Portail_2").Frame("RCMP: PTSB/PTSS - Create_2").SAPEdit("Client HRMIS Id: *").Set "000135359"

Browser("Secure Access Portal -").Page("Home - TEAM Portal / Portail_2").Frame("RCMP: PTSB/PTSS - Create_2").SAPEdit("Client HRMIS Id: *").Set vbCRLF

The first statement does put the entry in the input box. But the second vbCRLF statement wipes out the 000135359 and does a carriage return. That results in an error.

Do you know a proper way to do this? Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards,

Jonathan.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
HaiTNguyen
Message 2 of 3 (152 Views)

Re: How to send vbCRLF properly in sapedit

That's strange. I don't have SAPEdit to check, but on WebEdit, it's fine. Could you try with vblf instead of vbcrlf?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Jonathan12345
Message 3 of 3 (134 Views)

Re: How to send vbCRLF properly in sapedit

It is not working with vblf either. However, I found another post that gets around the problem for now.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation