Re: How to get license code for QTP (5787 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Vira Okuda
Message 1 of 7 (7,793 Views)

How to get license code for QTP

[ Edited ]

How can I get License Code for QTP?

Maintenance Number: 1934-3251821214
Locking Code: 8-35C77
License Type: Seat License

I have installed QTP on my machine but I don't have license code and not able to find any license code.

Please advise.

Thanks.

P.S.This thread has been moved from Quality Center Support and News Forum to Unified Functional Testing (formerly QTP) News and Support forum- HP Forums Moderator

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Adrian Hunt
Message 2 of 7 (7,793 Views)

Re: How to get license code for QTP

Try this URL I normally get a response within 24hrs
https://webware.hp.com/licensinghome/hppwelcome.asp
Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
m13soneja
Message 3 of 7 (7,368 Views)

can you plesae guide me on how to proceed After i navigate to link https://webware.hp.com/licensinghome/hppwelcome.asp. As i dont see any option to request license on this page.

Can you please tell me how to get license key?

I have downloaded QTP 11 from HP site bt i am not able to complete its installation as it requires license key.

I have attached a document with screenshots of dialog asking license key (the dialog where the installation has stuck due to lack of license key) and the page which is displayed after navigating to above mentioned url.

Please reply asap.

Thank you. 

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
RoniRobinson
Message 4 of 7 (7,364 Views)

When you download from the HP site, there are options to Get Software or Get License

Select Get License and follow the steps

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
rizwanaidris
Message 5 of 7 (6,927 Views)

Hi

How to get  license code for QTP I have install trial version from hp site but I dont have licence Key.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MisterT1968
Message 6 of 7 (6,917 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

How are you? I hope you are fine :)

In order to get a valid license key, you will have to have a valid maintenance agreement. This agreement contains a so called SAID (Service Level Agreement ID). The SAID is needed to show, that you have purchased the product and are entitled to support. Please note, that the SAID is different from the old Mercury Maintenance Number. If you haven't renewed your contract since then (as you specified the Maintenance Number not the SAID, I guess you haven't), please contact your Sales Account Manager.

With the SAID you can go to http://support.openview.hp.com and register. After the registration you can go to the case manager and raise a non-technical case with the Licensing department. They will verify your contract details and send you a License Key, when you are entitled to.

Please send in the case also always the Locking Code of the machine (format: 8-xxxxx).

Best regards,

Tino Pacholski

Functional Testing Support Engineer

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ATanchevski
Message 7 of 7 (5,787 Views)

I've the same issue as rizwanaidris described, I was not able to install QTP(HPUFT 11.50) with trial license.

I initially installed the product as rizwanaidris described but I was prompt to specify license.

Later, on a clean machine I've run the installation this time simply unchecking the 'Run License installation Wizard' step when 'Additional Installation requirements' was performed, but when starting the UFT I'm presented with a license error.

Installation process is not intuitive at all regarding licensing, does anyone have insight how to solve this?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation