Re: Help with selecting auto generated objects from dropdown text box (441 Views)
Visitor
SomeIntern
Message 1 of 6 (475 Views)
Accepted Solution

Help with selecting auto generated objects from dropdown text box

Hello,

So i have recently been using a trail version of QTP. I was having the problem show as my subject line and came across the following solution:

Browser("****************").Page("****************").WebEdit("************").Set "18974"

set wshell = Createobject("wscript.shell")
Browser("************").Page("****************").WebEdit("WebEdit").click
wshell.SendKeys "{DOWN}"
wshell.SendKeys "{DOWN}"
Browser("******************").Page("*****************-").WebElement("WARMINSTER PA 18974 USA").Click

This let me insert a value and select from a auto generated list of objects......

The problem i have now is that my company has decided to buy UFT and before we install the product key, we wanted to make sure the scripts we had still work. I have ran into the same error i had, and this code no longer seems to fix the problem.

My script puts the value 18974 into the textbox for zip codes, but no suggestions are listed. If there was a way to mimic keystrokes, I believe that would work to get the suggested values to at least be displayed.

HP Expert
vzamoraz
Message 2 of 6 (463 Views)

Re: Help with selecting auto generated objects from dropdown text box

Hello,

That should works on UFT.

try .object

Browser("****************").Page("****************").WebEdit("************").Object.Set "18974"

wshell.SendKeys "{DOWN}"
wshell.SendKeys "{DOWN}"
Browser("******************").Page("*****************-").WebElement("WARMINSTER PA 18974 USA").Click

Or You can try Device replay to set the value

myx = Browser("****************").Page("****************").WebEdit("************").GetROProperty("abs_x")

myy= Browser("****************").Page("****************").WebEdit("************").GetROProperty("abs_y")

set DeviceReplay = CreateObject("Mercury.DeviceReplay")

DeviceReplay,mouseclick myx+5,myy+5,0

wait 1
   DeviceReplay.SendString("18974")

set DeviceReplay = nothing    

wshell.SendKeys "{DOWN}"
   wshell.SendKeys "{DOWN}"

Remember if you have a valid contract with HP feel free to visit our FT/QTP Support Customer Forums: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Functional-Testing-QTP/ct-p/sws-Fun_Test 

You can create an account with your HP credentials.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

Visitor
SomeIntern
Message 3 of 6 (454 Views)

Your first suggestion did not seem to work.

And I received a syntax error for the following line on your second suggestion:

DeviceReplay,mouseclick myx+5,myy+5,0

I will take your advice and try using the FT/QTP Support Customer Forums

HP Expert
vzamoraz
Message 4 of 6 (441 Views)

the problems is because I set colon instead of dot after DeviceReplay

It should be

DeviceReplay.MouseClick myx+5,myy+5,0

Visitor
SomeIntern
Message 5 of 6 (415 Views)

This code seems to work. I was having an issue getting a error on the same line of code before when using this piece of code on the same page twice on my web app. I worked around it by setting one letter in the object box before the code you gave me. So everything seems to be working now. Thank you again for all your help.

HP Expert
vzamoraz
Message 6 of 6 (411 Views)

You'r welcome 

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

Also remember if you have a valid contract with HP feel free to visit our FT/QTP Support Customer Forums: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Functional-Testing-QTP/ct-p/sws-Fun_Test
You can create an account with your HP credentials.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.