Re: Has anyone seen a UFT license? Will it say UFT or QTP? (644 Views)
Valued Contributor
CPTLaura
Message 1 of 6 (707 Views)

Has anyone seen a UFT license? Will it say UFT or QTP?

Has anyone seen a UFT license?  Will it say UFT or QTP?

Super Advisor
csm2mk
Message 2 of 6 (688 Views)

Re: Has anyone seen a UFT license? Will it say UFT or QTP?

I haven´t actually seen one as in the file itself but it is a server´s name you have to enter.

Now when you have a QTP 11.00 license it will be good for UFT 11.50.

Therefore there isn´t one certain form that the license must have (per version).

Of course the HP guys will know better.

Cheers.

Ps. Why do you ask by the way?

Honored Contributor
john scarpino
Message 3 of 6 (680 Views)

Hi Laura,

UFT and QTP is the same. I have seen instances in both marketing material and within license management where they are overlapped. FYI - You can use a QTP 9.2 license server to run UFT. I am currently doing this.

I hope this helps.

John Scarpino, D.Sc.

Valued Contributor
CPTLaura
Message 4 of 6 (678 Views)

Thank you CSM2 and John for your insight!

I am asking this question because we have a Service Test 11.2 license, and a QTP 11.0 license, both seat.  We purchased 2 new seat licenses for UFT 11.5 (still waiting...) and I am just wondering what we will receive.  In the past they were 2 stand alone licenses, but now with the bundle...I am not sure what we will get.  I will know soon!

Thanks again, for your help!

Laura 

Honored Contributor
shiv_p
Message 5 of 6 (648 Views)

HP Unified Functional Testing  includes HP Functional Testing (QTP) , HP Service Test + an integration between the two that enables multi-layer testing.

UFT is cheaper than buying the FT and ST products separately. Technically speaking you can combine and run both GUI & headless testing scripts from a single IDE.

It's worth to read Heathor Heather Taylor's blog:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/The-Future-of-Testing-Blog/Why-do-I-need-UFT-11/ba-p/2409652

Respected Contributor
Martin Sander
Message 6 of 6 (644 Views)

Hi Laura

The difference is in the License codes that you get.

Not sure how it works for seat licences but we have a Concurrent License server and on the startup screen you have an option to select either QTP or UFT - so it is possible to have a mixture of both.

For seat I guess the startup screen will show UFT - as only one licenses will be installed

Also when you run the utility WlmAdmin you can see what types of licenses you have

Hope this helps

Thanks

Martin

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.