Re: HP UFT connect to ALM (155 Views)
Occasional Advisor
VSirchenko
Message 1 of 5 (273 Views)

HP UFT connect to ALM

[ Edited ]

Hello, I want to know what dll use on ALM server when I try to connect to ALM server

Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 2 of 5 (230 Views)

Re: HP UFT connect to ALM

Please provide more information.

If you are using the UFT UI, there is a menu item where you enter the information (URL, credentials, project) for connecting UFT to ALM.

You must have the appropriate ALM/UFT add-in installed on your UFT system for this to work.

Within a UFT script you would use the system defined QCUtil object to gain access to the ALM OTA API.

Why do you need to know the DLL used to establish this connection?
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Visitor
Sumeet_Kushwah
Message 3 of 5 (191 Views)

Hi,

You have to use OTA Com Type Libraray for connecting to ALM. Try not to reference the dll file directly as it might cause some issues when the you install the new version of ALM.

Path will be

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Mercury Interactive\Quality Center\OTAClient.dll

Personally, i think that we can do much better things by using this DLL, which is not possible within QCUtil object of UFT. I have used this dll with C#.net and the experience was much better then QCUtil object. Specially when we have ability to catch errors efficiently in other languages which is not avaiable in UFT.

Thanks,

Sumeet SIngh Kushwah

Occasional Advisor
VSirchenko
Message 4 of 5 (166 Views)

Thank you for your response

And I have couple question.

When I connect from UFT to ALM, I can connect just after I launched ALM site from browser and installed some files.

Do you know what files download when I connect from UFT to ALM, because I wrote C# code for connect to ALM Server and I didn't get any files
Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 5 of 5 (155 Views)

[ Edited ]

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Perhaps if you explain it to us in greater detail then we will be able to provide more complete and relevant answers.

If you want to connect to ALM through custom code, then you need to access the ALM Tools page and find the HP ALM Client Registration. That needs to be executed on the systems where your code runs. Then in your code you will need to add a reference to the OTAClient.dll

You might also find this post helpful.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Unified-Functional-Testing-QTP/UFT-first-time-ALM-connection-requires-a...

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.