HP Run Results Viewer - Unable to Open - Unexpected Error (6795 Views)
Occasional Advisor
lithium999
Message 1 of 19 (6,795 Views)

HP Run Results Viewer - Unable to Open - Unexpected Error

Hi

When I select the HP Run Results Viewer, i get a message "An unexpected error has occured. It is recommended to restart the Run Results Viewer"

I tried reinstalling the Results Viewer. and Reparing QTP Installation also, but not able to fix it. Please advise.

Regular Advisor
mohsenfi
Message 2 of 19 (6,792 Views)

Re: HP Run Results Viewer - Unable to Open - Unexpected Error

IS this happening in every run or some specific application? How about when you set it to not capture the screen shots?

Occasional Advisor
lithium999
Message 3 of 19 (6,781 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi

I tried the 'do not capture screen shots' , but did not help.

I  might have shutdown  QTP before the results are generated completely for some run and I think  since then this is happening. The Run Results Viewer not working.

Thank You.

Regular Advisor
mohsenfi
Message 4 of 19 (6,748 Views)

Have you tried to break down your test to different tests and run them separately. Save their result in different folder than the default QTP folder. Open the results to see which one is broken.

The idea is to spot the problematic step(s) which is preventing the result to be opened. 

Occasional Advisor
lithium999
Message 5 of 19 (6,734 Views)

I , now, actually just recorded a simple 5 line script, to open a browser and perform a couple of clicks and close browser, just to test the results viewer. But for this simple test also the the results viewer doest show up.

The exact cause and time of the issue I really cannot point, but one night I set a test to run for about 9000 rows on a 2 page internal website. Most probably I stopped seeing the results viewer functioning after that.

If I uninstall the results viewer, QTP gives correct message that Resutls Viewer is not installed. So looks like the problem is with the Results Viewer Application exclusively.

So far, i tried reinstalling QTP, Reinstalling Results Viewer, Tried to Clear cache,cookies , clear HP files in REGEDIT, I even checked the Results Viewer installation files and  DLL files counts from my colleague. No luck so far.

The last thing I came across is that may be the issue is related to some fact that the Results Viewer has to work with .NETFramework for startup and that could be something corrupted there. I couldnt really look into it more.  The .NET angle could be totally irrelevant, but just writing full case details.

Advisor
Jan Vandekerckhove_1
Message 6 of 19 (6,720 Views)

How are you connecting to this machine ?  Locally or are you running a remote session using Windows Remote Desktop ?

Occasional Advisor
lithium999
Message 7 of 19 (6,716 Views)

I am running a remote session using windows remote desktop

Advisor
LRNewBee
Message 8 of 19 (6,702 Views)

Some of the processes on the system might be preventing from open HP Run Results Viewer. 

Try to open same results file in different machine it might work. 

So try to run the system in Debug mode and open the results viewer... This confirms some precesses are preventing..... 

Occasional Visitor
AngiePerkins
Message 9 of 19 (6,698 Views)

I had a similar issue after I upgraded to QTP 11. Have you recently upgraded? I had to install a few fixes before it would work. SPecifically RRV_00003 (support for multi-line step details) and RRV_00013 (improved ability to open large files).
Angie
Occasional Advisor
lithium999
Message 10 of 19 (6,687 Views)

Thank you all for participating in this, my first post.

I wish i had more time to work on this issue, but I just got my VM rebuilt, so everything is fine now. I installed QTP newly.

Angie, I did try the RRV_00013 but didnt know about RRV_00003.  Glad to hear that it worked.  I was working on QTP 11 evaluation and this problem occured midway. It had worked initially.

- Thanks

Occasional Visitor
padmast1
Message 11 of 19 (6,230 Views)

I am having the same problem. My QTP 11 was working fine until i installed .Net addin on top of default add ins. I am unable to get rid of this message. Intially i thought the error message comes only after end of the run but now that is not the case any more i can't even completely run my script.

Rebuilding my machine is not that easy at this point. I appreciate any alternative solutions.

I installed following 2 hot fixes that i got from HP but issue is not resolved yet. I saw weired problems after installing these hot fixes like had problem with my outlook etc.,

ftp://SC05c2d7:ix!FH4pw@ftp.usa.hp.com/RRV_00022.exe

ftp://SC05c2d7:ix!FH4pw@ftp.usa.hp.com/RRV_00021.exe

I also tried repair QTP and fresh reinstall after clean uninstall. Any help is really appreciated

Thanks

padma

Occasional Visitor
shah_bikash
Message 12 of 19 (5,306 Views)

Hi

I rencently installed QTP, I recorded and try running the test script and this is the error I am seeing.

Cannot find the "Agent Name:" object's parent "Login" (class Dialog). Verify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application.

Line (1)" "Dialog("Login").WinEdit("Agent Name:").Set "guru99"".

Any Help...

Frequent Advisor
APM17
Message 13 of 19 (5,301 Views)

Hi,

seems that probably the objects properties aree changing suring runtime. If that is the case you will be able to check it clicking on "Debug" when the error appears and spy the problematic control again then you can compare if is there any difference between the recorded object and the one that is currently in runtime.

Best,

JG

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

Occasional Visitor
nawres
Message 14 of 19 (4,795 Views)

The solution is :

http://www.joecolantonio.com/downloads/SlowQTP_Report_Patch.zip

this patch will correct the problem.

regards

Occasional Visitor
dvaughan
Message 15 of 19 (4,314 Views)

Is there a patch for 11.5?

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
Naushad_Wahab
Message 16 of 19 (4,019 Views)

I was able to figure out the solution to this problem (unable to open HP Run result viewer)

This problem is linked to the user profile on the VM (or the machine you are working on). If you log in with another user on the same VM or machine, you will be able to launch the HP Run result viewer.

Therefore to solve this problem without any patch, all you need to do is log out from this VM and log in in with another user profile (who has priviliges on this machine to delete a profile) and go to the user profile (My Computer - properties - Advance tab - User profile settings) and select your profile (which shows the problem) and delete it.

It may take sometime to delete (depending on how much data is associated with this profile). After that you log in back your username and this time you should be able to launch HP Run Result viewer successfully.

The con side is that all your profile specific data like mapped drive, favorites, cookies, URLs, etc would also get deleted.

Alternatively you can also try to delete only the HP software specific data from your profile folder (Application data). This may also work but I didn't try it.

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
Naushad_Wahab
Message 17 of 19 (4,018 Views)

Please check my response below for a solution. (in case you encounter the same problem in future)
Occasional Visitor
proto
Message 18 of 19 (357 Views)

You don't need to delete the whole profile.

Just clear this folder: %USER_PROFILE%\Local Settings\ Application Data\UFTReportViewer\

There are 4 or 5 files usually. Kill all reportviewer processes, delete that files and start reportviewer.

Occasional Visitor
Satbeen
Message 19 of 19 (17 Views)

Thanks...Was upset how to get back report viewer...repaired UFT, Re-installed Report viewer...nothing worked..but deleting files from profile give me the relief..Thanks for the post...

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.