Re: HP QuickTest Professional - Running test with Windows Scheduler (307 Views)
Advisor
RicoLee
Message 1 of 5 (413 Views)

HP QuickTest Professional - Running test with Windows Scheduler

Greetings, I've made a script and batch file to be invoked with Windows scheduler. However I realized that the TouchPoint did not run properly when user has logged out, as it did not contain new Result ,although in scheduler log it shows the task ran successfully. Is there any workaround for this issue? Regards.

.-asd-.
Frequent Advisor
Sree6363
Message 2 of 5 (379 Views)

Re: HP QuickTest Professional - Running test with Windows Scheduler

Instead of Create basic task use Create Task option in Task Scheduler.
Under Create Task->General Tab-> you have the option Run when user is logged on or not

If you you are already used above options, then run the Batch file from your local computer with a scheduler as it will be alaways logged in.
Advisor
RicoLee
Message 3 of 5 (373 Views)

Thanks for your reply, but previous setting I did configure the same setting and checked the "highest privilege" setting as well, the log shows the task ran successfully but there is no new results folder being created. The OS is Windows Server 2008 Datacenter.

.-asd-.
Advisor
RicoLee
Message 4 of 5 (352 Views)

Is there a method to let QTP run tests when the windows is locked? Since I need to schedule some test runs in a remote server, the session will be locked.
.-asd-.
Advisor
RicoLee
Message 5 of 5 (307 Views)

Nevermind, I have worked around this issue using another remote terminal to always logged on and keep awake script VBscript to achieve same result.

set WSHELL = Wscript.createobject("Wscript.SHELL")
i=0
While i<60000
WSHELL.sendkeys "{NUMLOCK}"
WSHELL.sendkeys "^"
Wscript.sleep 30000
i=i+1
Wend
set WSHELL = nothing

I'll leave this there until there are better options.

.-asd-.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.