Re: HP QTP 11 unable to record new scripts/ scripts created in QTP 9 cannot be run in QTP 11 (160 Views)
Visitor
VP1980
Message 1 of 3 (230 Views)

HP QTP 11 unable to record new scripts/ scripts created in QTP 9 cannot be run in QTP 11

Hello,

I have the following issues with HP QTP 11.

(1) I cannot  run the scripts that were created on QTP 9.0 on QTP 11

(2) I cannot create a new script using QTP 11, as none of my actions are recorded.

What could be wrong. Please help.

Regards,

Vaishali

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
HaiTNguyen
Message 2 of 3 (209 Views)

Re: HP QTP 11 unable to record new scripts/ scripts created in QTP 9 cannot be run in QTP 11

#1: I'm in doubt that you can edit QTP9 script in QTP11. There are a couple of versions in between and the format of script was changed as well.

Read this topic for more information:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Quality-Center-Support-and-News/QTP-9-2-script-upgrade-to-QTP-11/td-p/4...

If you are using QTP9, then you might need to migrate to QTP9.2/9.5 before can migrate to QTP11.

#2: When you open QTP11, you will see an empty test, can you record from that? How do you create new script?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
VP1980
Message 3 of 3 (160 Views)

Re: HP QTP 11 unable to record new scripts/ scripts created in QTP 9 cannot be run in QTP 11

Thanks for the reply.

#1 I will check the link you have provided. So, you think I will not be able to directly use the scripts created on version 9.0 on QTP 11.0? Or I can still  do it by first migrating to 9.5 and then QTP 11. Again some modifications will have to be done I guess in the scripts to be able to run on QTP 11.0.

#2 Currenly I have uninstalled QTP 11.0  and installed HP UFT as support from HP advised me to do saying that might work. Even HP UTF is unable to create/ record any scripts. I am clicking on the record button choosing the web tab and have given the url to be opened when any test is recorded. Still the OR stays empty and no steps are recorded in expert or keyword view.

Regards,

Vaishali

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation