08-31-2011 12:53 AM
Issue: HP QTP 11 is not able to recognise ie8 browser events browser(browser).navigate("some url") and browser(browser).refresh
when i play back the script( writing statements myself) it simply skips the statement ,without any error or message.
what have i already tried ?
1. disabling all addons but bhomanager
2. disabling bhomanager but all addons
3. installed patch : QTP_00709
4. disabled tab browsing on ie8
5. record and run settings, record on any open browser
- addins that i use : vb and web
please help !
10-31-2012 01:29 PM
Please check if the iexplorer.exe of the AUT (Application Under Test) is 32 or 64 bit based, for it you can open the task manager, select the application nameà right click à go to process à and if the is an *32 next to the iexplorer.exe then the application is 32 bit based, otherwise is 64 bit.
Depending of it please use the following command thru the CMD to re-register the BHOmanager.dll, please close all browsers:
For the 32 bit:
regsvr32 -u "C:\Windows\System32\BHOManager.dll"
For the 64 bit:
regsvr32 -u "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\BHOManager.dll"
Hope it solves your issue…
10-31-2012 05:40 PM
could you please verify the following configuration:
On Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Option>Advanced Tab
- Enable Third-party browser extension is checked and
- Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer) is checked
- Restart the Browser and try QTP
Addtionally could you please confirm if QTP can record the web appication in recording?
HP | Unified Functional Testing Engineer
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.