Re: Firevent method doenst work in UFT11.5, Any other suggestions? (365 Views)
Advisor
peenky100
Message 1 of 8 (398 Views)

Firevent method doenst work in UFT11.5, Any other suggestions?

[ Edited ]

Firevent method doenst work in UFT11.5, Any other suggestions? how  can i capture tool tip text without fireevent menthold.

Please help!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Eickel
Message 2 of 8 (381 Views)

Re: Firevent method doenst work in UFT11.5, Any other suggestions?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

- What exactly means Fireevent doesn't work? Is it throwing an error?

- It's behaving differently than expected?
- How is the testing being carried out? Is it running multiple steps previous the one related to the Fireevent?
- What object class it is?

Can it be reproduced using the following example?

ASP.NET ToolTip Property

http://www.w3schools.com/aspnet/showaspx.asp?filename=demo_prop_webcontrol_standard_tooltip

About the above, if you spy on the WebButton you will see the tooltip's text in the text property (if I'm not wrong.. But it's available actually) of the object.

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Please use plain text.
Advisor
peenky100
Message 3 of 8 (365 Views)

Ok,

on a web applicaiton i have column name called company names, sometime name of the compnay is too big so  its appers full name in a tool tip.

i want  to grab that tooltp text but when i use fireevent method, its not working some how, same code works in QTP but not in UFT11.5.

so i am asking if there is any other way in UFT to get the tooltip text. its so difficult i cant spy and get the text of tooltip.

Hope this help.

Thanks so much for your response on this.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Eickel
Message 4 of 8 (354 Views)

Let me show you for the web button from the sample application... There is the tooltip displayed when hover...

hover.jpg

If then I don an object spy on the button:

Spy.jpg

Reviewing the identification properties we can see the tooltip text within a property value:

Tooltip_PropertiesOfButton.jpg

Also, it's available from the object's native properties:

Tooltip_TitleProp.jpg

So, the main question is... What's observed from the object spy properties when you spy on the table or on the specific cell that has the required label or tooltip?

You could copy/paste the whole identification properties here...
I hope the above clarifies.

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Please use plain text.
Advisor
peenky100
Message 5 of 8 (350 Views)

the object is WebElement and when you spy over it its get the text like this - " My company name...." , complete name is My company name is ABC Co.,".

When I spy over to the webelement i get only "My Company name...." and it doesn't have full name of the object in innterHtml or outerhmtl i checked what you have mnetioned here but still not getting the tool tip values.

thanks!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
peenky100
Message 6 of 8 (349 Views)

Tool tip doenst get activated until you move your mouse cursor on the object.

And only thing I'm having prob. With is I can't hoverer the mouse, do you have any suggestion that I can move my mouse cursor pragmatically?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Eickel
Message 7 of 8 (330 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

You could try something as the following code:

Browser("XXXXX").Page("YYYYY").WebElement("ZZZZZ").Drag 0,0
Browser("XXXXX").Page("YYYYY").WebElement("ZZZZZ").Drop  5,5

The above will click down on the 0,0 coordinate of the web element object (Top left corner) and move the coordinate 5,5 and release the button.
I tried it against a real WebElement object, in my case (it was text) it was parcially highlighted (up to the specified coordinate), perhaps this could do the trick in your application to display the tooltip text...

I was about to test further but my lab is down today... It might be useful if you provide the full set of identification properties of the Webtable/Webelement header. For example:

"Class Name:=WebElement",
"abs_x:=2175",
"abs_y:=261",
"class:=",
"height:=27",
"html id:=",
"html tag:=LEGEND",
"innerhtml:=Post Message ",
"innertext:=Post Message ",
"outerhtml:=<LEGEND>Post Message </LEGEND>",
"outertext:=Post Message ",
"type:=",
"visible:=True",
"width:=138",
"x:=108",
"y:=-5"

"HP Support
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
rameshtt
Message 8 of 8 (312 Views)

Hi ,

Try Getroproperty("alt") before that try to mouse over on the object , for which to capture the tooltip.
peenky100 wrote:
Firevent method doenst work in UFT11.5, Any other suggestions? how can i capture tool tip text without fireevent menthold.

Please help!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation