Re: Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004200A (192 Views)
Frequent Advisor
pavanpy
Message 1 of 2 (230 Views)

Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004200A

[ Edited ]

Using UFT11.52 and ALM11.0

For an API Test, once I Import WSDL, it is present in Toolbox -> Local Activities

If I perform operation move to ALM Activities, I get the exception "Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004200A".

Note: No exception occurs if I move to File system activities. Also I have moved more than 15 WSDLs to ALM Activities, is there a limit on how many ALM resources can be present or any memory constraint?

Already running in Admin mode with UAC off and multiple system restarts.

+pavan

HP Expert
Ana_Noncheva
Message 2 of 2 (192 Views)

Re: Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004200A

Hello Pavan,

I could not find any information about such a limitation.

And, according to Microsolf, this error code does not suggest memory leak, but "The specified method failed because the character is hidden." from the Microsoft Agent: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms695782(v=vs.85).aspx

For which, I also could not find anything related to UFT/ALM.

Does the problem occur only for a specific WSDL/Local activity?

Or, does the problem occur for any WSDL/Local activity moved to ALM Activities after the 15th already present there (i.e. 15 acticities already present in ALM Activities)? What about if you have more than 15 File System activities?

Also, is the problem observed on another UFT machine?

Please also update to SP 3 for UFT and try again.

Regards,

Ana

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.