Re: Download Utility to get locking codes for QTP (616 Views)
Occasional Contributor
JayCee_1
Message 1 of 2 (626 Views)

Download Utility to get locking codes for QTP

Hi, I am interested in knowing if there is a utility that I can download to generate the license codes for QTP without having to install the software first. 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
DDM_Automation
Message 2 of 2 (616 Views)

Re: Download Utility to get locking codes for QTP

Hi Juan ,

"inst_key.exe"utility is there in QTP setup files under <QTP setup files>LicenseServer\KeyInstallation.

Run that to know the locking code. No need to install software for that.

Also , if you dont have Setup files on all machines , copy that Utility along with 2 DLLs "lsapiw32.dll" ,"lsdcod32.dll" to other machines. You should be able to run that utility on any machine with these 3 files and get the locking code.

Regards,

Darshan

( HP is encouraging to use separate QTP Forum for customers who has HP support contract. Other similar HP customers and HP support Engineers will be participating in the Forum.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Functional-Testing-QTP-Support/bd-p/functional-test-qtp-support-custome... )

[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

( Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way . )
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation