Re: Does objects customised using QTP 11 cannot be resused in QTP 10 ? (483 Views)
Occasional Contributor
lokesh8008
Message 1 of 5 (514 Views)
Accepted Solution

Does objects customised using QTP 11 cannot be resused in QTP 10 ?

[ Edited ]

I have QTP 11 in one machine and QTP 10 in one machine...Since, the object properties got changed in the application I have updated the OR using QTP 11. but when I tried to use the same OR from QTP 10.,,the object properties for many of the objects got disappeared. Whether the OR's customised using QTP 11 cannot be resused in QTP 10 ?

Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 2 of 5 (498 Views)

Re: Does objects customised using QTP 11 cannot be resused in QTP 10 ?

QTP 11 resources/scripts are not backwards compatible for use in QTP 10.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Occasional Contributor
lokesh8008
Message 3 of 5 (483 Views)

Can I know what may be the reason behind that..any specific features available in QTP 11 is not available in QTP 10 that makes these things to happen..?

ny other possibilities of using the resources back in QTP 10? like changing formats of files..or disabling some options in QTP 11 while scripting or OR customisation..? 

Honored Contributor
Trudy Claspill
Message 4 of 5 (475 Views)

I don't know any specifics or workarounds. I just know that the documents say QTP 11 items are not backwards compatible.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Occasional Advisor
BhuvaneshMani
Message 5 of 5 (455 Views)

Give a try in exporting your OR to xml file from 11 and importing it in 10 version?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.