De-referenced actions present in solution explorer after modification of ALM checked in UFT script (283 Views)
Frequent Advisor
pavanpy
Message 1 of 2 (283 Views)

De-referenced actions present in solution explorer after modification of ALM checked in UFT script

Hi,

Using UFT11.52 and ALM11.00

Scenario:

I create a solution which has a call to existing action of another solution. I check in the script in ALM.

I again check out, remove that call to action and add another call to different action and check in.

The removed action is still present in the solution explorer along with the newly called action. Further any modifications crashes the solution while saving with a pop up saying "Object not set to an instance of an object".

Is it also being observed in other cases? And is there any different procedure to remove action call references from a solution?

+pavan

HP Expert
Ana_Noncheva
Message 2 of 2 (253 Views)

Re: De-referenced actions present in solution explorer after modification of ALM checked in UFT scri

Hello,

How are you removing the first call? Directly from the script by deleting the RunAction statement? In this case it won't work, yes: the action will still be present in External Actions in Solution Explorer because the action is still associated with your test.

Regards,

Ana

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.