Re: Cannot find function library when it is there (277 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Jeffery_QA
Message 1 of 5 (326 Views)

Cannot find function library when it is there

I have used a function to close browser for many months. But recently, it will return error sometimes. I said sometimes mean somethings it still works but sometimes not. 

Here is the error message:

Not found 
Function file: C:\Automation Test Cases\UpgradeProductVerification_share\Function Libraries\CloseALLBrowser.qfl
Line (61): " objProcess.Terminate()".

In fact, I'm prety sure that the function lib .qfl is there in that path and the Line61 is "objProcess.Terminate()".

Any idea about this?

HP Expert
Ana_Noncheva
Message 2 of 5 (301 Views)

Re: Cannot find function library when it is there

Hi,

Are you using QTP or UFT?

Which browser version are you using?

Have you made any changes in your system, script, etc. at the time the problem started occurring?

Also, is only this library failing, and is only this method from the library failing?

How are you calling it? It would be great if you could provide more details about the libarary, the specific function and how you are using it from test script, if possible.

In addition, are you observing the problem under any specific circumstances?

Regards,

Ana

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Frequent Advisor
Jeffery_QA
Message 3 of 5 (297 Views)

QTP 11, win7 64bit, IE 8

This is the only function failing 

The only change made recently is to save the test case with rescoure to local and run it from local. 

It works well sometimes while not well sometimes. 

Frequent Advisor
pavanpy
Message 4 of 5 (277 Views)

Verify whether the locally saved solution also has reference to correct function. If you are calling an action of different solution from another action of different solution, then the function library should be referenced in both the solutions.

+pavan 

Frequent Advisor
Jeffery_QA
Message 5 of 5 (268 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm pretty sure that the function is there in the local drive. And it works most time which also proves that the connection between test case and resource function is still good. 

But it may fail sometimes which is a big trouble for us. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.