Re: ALM connection is disconnecting frequently in UFT 12 (315 Views)
Occasional Contributor
kal_STE
Message 1 of 5 (419 Views)

ALM connection is disconnecting frequently in UFT 12

Hi All,

I have started exploring UFT 12 and comaring it with QTP 11.

In UFT 12, I have observed that ALM Connection is disconnected frequently (after some time) not sure the exact time, even "Restore connection on startup" is enabled. Could you please tell me, is there any setting i need to configure, to hold the ALM connection continuously like old versions of QTP.

Thanks,

Kal

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Ruddy10
Message 2 of 5 (373 Views)

Re: ALM connection is disconnecting frequently in UFT 12

Hello Kal_STE,

Thank you very much for contacting us. My name is Ruddy and I want to help you on this question.

In order to work with  UFT 12 and ALM is important to know the compatibility between versions.

The specific versions for UFT 12 are ALM 11.52 patch 1, or ALM 12.

The below image explain this compatibility between tools:

alm supported versions.png

Best Regards,

Ruddy Alvarez Hernandez.
HP Support.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.]
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Jonboy264
Message 3 of 5 (358 Views)

I had a similar problem with UFT 11.53 and noticed a problem where the ALM connection was getting disconnected after a period of inactivity (around 30 mins).

This was reported to HP and the following issue was logged on their R&D system: -

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1J69822

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
kal_STE
Message 4 of 5 (338 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Ruddy,

Thanks for the Reply, We will upgrade our ALM with new patches and will verify the issue again.

Thanks,
Kal

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Ruddy10
Message 5 of 5 (315 Views)

Hi Kal_STE

It's a pleasure, please i'll apreciate if you may mark the answer as a solution accepted to finish this threat.

Best regards!!

Ruddy Alvarez Hernandez.
HP Support.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.]
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation