migration sort intrinsics from MPEiX to HPUX (188 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Roxana_4
Message 1 of 3 (188 Views)

migration sort intrinsics from MPEiX to HPUX

Sorry for wasting your time and that i must insist on this problem!
I've read
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=799025
very carrefully, i understood, but i still ask again!

I would like to program with FORTRAN some libraries under HPUX which should work as internal sorting intrinsics from MPEiX.
That's why i have to ask you kindly how i could get the source codes of these sorting intrinsics under MPE.
I need these source codes from MPE/iX in order to make them work for HPUX.

Thank you and best regards!
Zoltan
Esteemed Contributor
Mic V.
Message 2 of 3 (188 Views)

Re: migration sort intrinsics from MPEiX to HPUX

Zoltan,

I'm sorry to hear that it's a difficult answer. It sounds like the source code belongs to HP and HP will not give it.

I apologize if I'm not understanding correctly, but perhaps you could program the algorithms yourself? Donald Knuth's classic books:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0201485419/qid=1109305194/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/104-9326...

provide, as I recall, algorithms for all kinds of sorts and searches. I think one whole book is on sorting/searching.

Best wishes,
Mic
What kind of a name is 'Wolverine'?
Honored Contributor
Chuck Ciesinski
Message 3 of 3 (188 Views)

Re: migration sort intrinsics from MPEiX to HPUX

Zoltan,

It sounds like a licensing and copyright issue. HP has not yet released the source code for MPE/iX. This issue is a very delicate one and in my opinion will not be resolved for a long time. :-(

I suggest you look at either the OpenMPE website or HP3000-L listserver for additional information about the copyright issues.

Chuck Ciesinski
"Show me the $$$$$"
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.