is there any doc link to read this this thing in my own.I am about to take an ILT on HP StorageWork (1497 Views)
Honored Contributor
Johan Guldmyr
Message 26 of 61 (676 Views)

Re: is there any doc link to read this this thing in my own.I am about to take an ILT on HP StorageWork

I guess you will find little that is specifically intended towards a DBA, lawlz.

Click the Kudos Star if this was a good post.
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
certangle
Message 27 of 61 (676 Views)

Re: is there any doc link to read this this thing in my own.I am about to take an ILT on HP StorageWork

hi

is the BCSF exam has any pre-requisite ??

kind regards
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
certangle
Message 28 of 61 (676 Views)

AND can you provide/recommend some doc/brocade link on HCA ??

kind regards
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Johan Guldmyr
Message 29 of 61 (676 Views)

Hey, i don't know about that Brocade BCSF exam. Google does not find it either. But honestly. Check out Brocade's website for that.. http://www.brocade.com/education/certification-accreditation/index.page

And HCA - is a brocade specific thing, so check on their website??? Or in the learning part? All I can find would be in there.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
certangle
Message 30 of 61 (676 Views)

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
certangle
Message 31 of 61 (673 Views)

hi

FC 101 then

BCSM 200-WBT Brocade Certified SAN Manager in a Nutshell Web-Based Training

FCoE 101 Introduction to Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)

CFA 101-WBT Brocade Certified Fabric Administrator 2010 Knowledge Assessment

CEFE 101-WBT Brocade Certified Ethernet Fabric Engineer 2011 Knowledge Assessment

kind regards
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Johan Guldmyr
Message 32 of 61 (673 Views)

Looks like you got it covered then :-)
The eva only does fibre channel natively. It can do other protocols but then you need something between that translates.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
certangle
Message 33 of 61 (673 Views)

Indrajit Lahiri
Hewlett-Packard Company
DLF IT Park. Tower C. 1st Floor
8, Major Arterial Road
New Town, Rajarhat
Kolkata:- 700156
+91 33 30718000 / Tel
+91 9903528225 / Mobile
indrajit.lahiri@hp.com / Email

the address in hp site is different than this may i know the reason??
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Johan Guldmyr
Message 34 of 61 (673 Views)

Why don't you ask that person.. why do you post somebody elses contact details? Did you ask for their permission?

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
certangle
Message 35 of 61 (673 Views)

its on your website.I guess it is the new location of hp education kolkata,india.

just confirming it.
Actually i have communicated before posting it on this forum for ILT.they are scheduling it for that said course work.
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
certangle
Message 36 of 61 (673 Views)

And they are actually asking me to relocate to mumbai,india for that said course.i was just confirming with the address.

this is not the address as per your website ofice address.may be your website need to be changed with the confirmed information so that we get proper service.

kind regards
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Johan Guldmyr
Message 37 of 61 (675 Views)

Ah okay.

Well still, if somebody's address on _HP's_ website (I do not represent or work for HP) is wrong - I would suggest you send in a feedback on that page or otherwise contact the contact person for that web page.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
certangle
Message 38 of 61 (675 Views)

Hi

i have reopened it just to know what is EVA actually??what does mean by Virtual Array??

FYI lots of time i searched with it in google getting the specs of p4000 server.

I have taken two training (free):
hp Storage Technologies web-based training

SAN Fundamentals;But ended up with noluck.
That is why I am requesting for the formal definition of it.Plz be fine to answer this to me....

kind regards

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Johan Guldmyr
Message 39 of 61 (675 Views)

Hey!

Before the EVA there was the VA - virtual arrays. I have not studied them so don't know their features.

But I believe the virtual part of it indicates that the storage is virtualized. Or that in the case of the EVA that you have a big disk group with lots of disks and then you put lots of virtual disks on it.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
certangle
Message 40 of 61 (675 Views)

hi

will it strips the data or mirror then??if so whats the difference between Virtual RAID and EVA ??

would u be kind enough for any particulate doc link Or the forum link regarding storage level backup and recovery and the EVA stuff?

As the course offering vendor is rescheduling the training again and again I am requesting for such so that I can get some benefit by cross questioning the trainer during the course session.

kind regards
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Johan Guldmyr
Message 41 of 61 (675 Views)

What do you mean?

One of the EVA's main features is the virtual raid - vraid.

You could check out DR - disaster recovery. Synchronous and asynchronous replication (the EVA calls this Continuous Access). LAN-free backup. Stuff like that. Google's your friend :p

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
certangle
Message 42 of 61 (675 Views)

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Johan Guldmyr
Message 43 of 61 (675 Views)

2nd link is good, but I would guess that it assumes you know a bit about the EVA before.

The last one is for the P9000 - the new XP arrays. I think that might be too hard.

Honestly, if you want something to read - check out the HP SAN Design Reference Guide if you haven't already :)

I was told when I started with storage at HP that this is good to read at least once.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
certangle
Message 44 of 61 (675 Views)

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Johan Guldmyr
Message 45 of 61 (675 Views)

Yep, that's the one!

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
certangle
Message 46 of 61 (675 Views)

i thought you are discouraging to read this book.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Johan Guldmyr
Message 47 of 61 (675 Views)

No I am not.
The SAN design reference guide is a good read.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
certangle
Message 48 of 61 (675 Views)

hi

can you mention some or few vendor/hp client deployed EVA4400 or else (in india)??

i have found some situation of fragmentation with EVA. :-)

kind regards

NB:-
hope at the end of the course(s) i shall be able to calculate how many disk is required to convert a single instance database to RAC !-_-!
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Johan Guldmyr
Message 49 of 61 (675 Views)

I doubt I would be allowed to tell about them even if I did know of any.

Sounds like fun that you need to be able to calculate that :)

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
certangle
Message 50 of 61 (675 Views)

hi

yes.that document is extremely user specific.The 394 pages is equivalent to 30940 pages and things are made in such a way that Someone will be dis-interested at a glance.Brocade videos were very useful.

kind regards
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation