"Remember Me" - Browser Function (859 Views)
Community Manager
Warren_Admin
Message 1 of 5 (859 Views)

"Remember Me" - Browser Function

There have been some questions about how “Remember me” functions in the Enterprise Business Community.

“Remember me” is a browser function. When logging in through Passport, each of the three major browsers behaves differently. In addition, different versions of Internet Explorer and Firefox exhibit different behaviors.

All browsers have multiple security settings, which may or may not affect how “Remember me” behaves.  And just to complicate things a little more, if you are accessing the Internet through a proxy and/or caching server, or via a virtual private network (VPN), there may be some interaction.

Overall, however most of what “Remember me” will or won't do is controlled by the browser.

Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not intended to represent HP

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 2 of 5 (851 Views)

Re: "Remember Me" - HP Passport Function

I assume you are talking about the "Remember my user ID"?

I've noticed that sometimes it isn't working.  Not a problem, my firefox browser remembers the values of that field and I just click on the right one.

And just to complicate things a little more, ...

Now you are scaring me.  I would assume this simply uses a cookie.  Where is this info kept and why is this so complicated?  Is it based on IP?

Another problem I've noticed recently is that when I refresh a forum page in firefox 22.0, it takes so long that I see the expanded list of all choices from the "Shop for Products & Services" etc menus at the top, before they get converted to the drop down menus.

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 3 of 5 (740 Views)

Re: "Remember Me" - Browser Function

>most of what “Remember me” will or won't do is controlled by the browser.

It appears to be magically working after the HP Passport page redesign.  (It now has a lot more white background.)

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
sanjay74114789
Message 4 of 5 (348 Views)

Its is depended on your browser security and options which you used first time login.

remove all history than again login with remember ME option. its work.

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 5 of 5 (343 Views)

>It is depended on your browser security

Recently switched to firefox 27.  Not sure if it went away before or just after.

Otherwise it has been working most of the time.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation