I understand that almost all of you are faced with the challenges that mobile applications create, and will need to develop, test, deploy and maintain mobile applications. Some of you are already there, others are planning for later this year or next year… but I’m pretty sure ALL of you will have to deal with mobile applications at some point in the future. If you’re not sure if you need to think about mobile for your company, then perhaps this simple Venn diagram will help:
I suspect that close to 100% of you reading this will need to have some sort of mobile solution for the people your company interacts with. (customers, employees, partners, etc) Since you’re going to need to address mobile solutions, we’ve planned Mobile Month to help answer some of your questions. Here’s an overview of what we have planned for the month:
1. Blogs: At least 10 blog posts from various experts… Be sure to bookmark this blog to see what comes next. Here are a few upcoming article themes:
- “How to emulate location when testing mobile apps ”
- “Why automation is essential for maintaining mobile app quality”
- “Why Mobile Performance Testing is important – Be prepared for the Mobile Surge.”
2. Webinars: We will have 4 webinars to look at key mobile challenges, solutions and topics. We’ll have a on-demand webinar in the middle of the month looking at mobile challenges and a success story, then the week of the 23rd, there will be two webinars looking at mobile functional testing and another looking at mobile performance challenges and solutions. The final webinar on the 31st will be a wrap up of the month and at least 80% Q&A with experts to get your questions answered. --- Stay tuned for registration links next week.
3. White Papers We’ll also publishing several white papers and solution briefs to help deepen your understanding of mobile challenges and how they can be solved.
4. Expert day In February (yes mobile month will continue), the HP Functional Testing Community will be staffed with dedicated mobile experts to answer your questions….. Whether it is about mobile functional or performance testing, post your questions and we’ll be ready to help.
5. On-site events In conjunction with all of our web and virtual events, we have several in-person/live events that will take place during the month as well.
Registration and info
Extend Your Software Testing: Go Mobile
Go Mobile with HP ALM 11
If you are interested in any of the above sessions, please feel free to register and attend.
I sure hope you are ready for a lot of answers to your mobile questions. We’ve going to have fun and kick off the 2012, the year of mobile solutions, right.
And if you’re looking for functional testing information, check out The Future of Testing Blog
Of course, go to www.hp.com/go/mobiletesting for all things related to mobile testing!