08-28-2011 04:01 PM
Currently we are having an unusual problem with Windows 2008 unable to see the Medium changer in Windows 2008. This is a new physical server that we are building to join 3 blade servers that already access the library.
The new server can see the 6 tape drives, but the StorageTek library (SL500) doesn't appear as an unknown device in device manager like it should. The SL500 device shows up in SANSurfer though which means the HBA can see it but for some reason it isn't being presented to Windows as an available device.
We have 3 existing Blade servers (different HBA cards) which are working fine with this library. The Build details of the new server are:
- Windows 2008 SP2 64bit
- HP DL380
- Two HP 82Q HBA Cards (HPAJ764A)
- StorageTek SL500 Tape Library
- SAN connected via Fibre and Cisco Switches
The troubleshooting we have done so far is:
- Rebuilt Windows 2008
- Connected another library and still no media changer detected even though tape drives were detected (connecting once again via the Fibre switches)
- Tried various zoning options
- Logged calls with HP and Microsoft but no success
Any suggestions welcome!
08-28-2011 10:04 PM