05-27-2013 01:31 AM
This is an MSL2024 with two FC-attached LTO5 drives.
Using Library and Tape tools 4.15.
Firmware is v. 5.5 which lists as out of date.
The utility identifies v 6.0 as the current one and downloads the file to the local store.
However I cannot update is as it now shows "wrong personality"
What's the issue here? How should I proceed, if at all?
07-18-2013 01:29 AM
There are alternate ways to upgrade the firmware on the MSL2024.
- Remote management interface (RMI).
- Operator control panel (OCP) using a USB flash drive.
- HP Library and Tape Tools (L&TT).
To upgrade firmware from the RMI:
- Download current firmware using HP Library & Tape Tools or from the HP support website: http://www.hp.com/support/storage.
- Log into the RMI as the administrator user.
- In the Support: Firmware page, browse to the location of the firmware file.
- Click Update.
To upgrade firmware from the OCP using a USB flash drive:
- Download current firmware using HP Library & Tape Tools or from the HP support website: http://www.hp.com/support/storage. Copy the firmware onto the USB flash drive.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port on the back of the library.
- From the Support menu, select FW Upgrade > By USB.
- Select the library as the target for the upgrade, and select the filename of the firmware.
- Click Upgrade.
- When the upgrade is complete, remove the USB flash drive from the USB port.
If you still have issues in upgrading the firmware from the RMI and the OCP, I would suggest to try upgrading the firmwares to firmware versions 5.70 (both library and drives) first and then try to go to 6.00.