Re: HP StoreEver MSL2024 with StoreOpen Performance (210 Views)
Occasional Visitor
b_gervais
Message 1 of 2 (233 Views)

HP StoreEver MSL2024 with StoreOpen Performance

Hi folks,

A quick question about using an HP StoreEver MSL2024 2 drive LTO-6 library with StoreOpen Automation software.

Is it possible to write to both drives simultaneously, or does it block in any way?  Basically I'm wondering if there is a performance hit or limitiation if using both drives simultaneously, and if you know, what speed could I hope to achieve (as much as the 160 MB/s per drive limit?)

Obviously there are other issues that also affect performance, but I'd like to know with all other things being equal.  the Library would be SAS connected to a Windows or OSX machine.

Thanks,

Acclaimed Contributor
Torsten.
Message 2 of 2 (210 Views)

Re: HP StoreEver MSL2024 with StoreOpen Performance

You will have 1 connection to the bottom drive (shared with the robotics) and 1 connection to the to p drive, so the drives don't share a bus or controller at all. The most critical point is if the server can deliver the data fast enough to the library - you may consider to do a performance test using LTT: http://www.hp.com/support/tapetools

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

There are only 10 types of people in the world -
those who understand binary, and those who don't.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.