07-09-2013 11:57 PM - edited 07-10-2013 12:02 AM
I try to restore data to different folder, and i always get information "Error 1401 : Please insert compatible media".
So I import tape...and it is the same. When restore process start it choose proper data (about 500 MB, the tape has 200 GB), and after that i got Error 1401.
I can see date on the tape (i can verify the tape)...so where is the problem with restore?
I have DPX 4.0 sp1. The tape has data from two server, and restored data are from server which is off.
(normal restore process to the same place is impossible because of off second server)
I don't have any idea what to do..
Thank for any help
07-11-2013 12:15 AM - edited 07-11-2013 01:44 AM
I was able to restore data but only from last tape....everytime when i insert older tape DPX show Error 1401: Alert - Please insert compatible media......how to restore data from older tape?...(and it is a problem)
07-24-2013 05:33 PM
have you tryed stop and start of the DPX services
stop and then start DPX services. > cd /usr/local/hp/dpx/ > dplinsvc -x ; this stops
DPX services > dplinsvc -s ; this starts DPX services
07-24-2013 05:47 PM
else u can try out the follwing setps
1. Restart DPx services
2. Tey importing the tape again
else create a new restore job as follows
1. Open DP-X Backup (Start > All Programs > DP-X> DP-X Backup)
2. Create a New Restore Job:
A. Type a name in the appropriate space then click OK.
This will open the properties of the newly created job.
B. In the "Pages" desk bar (in the right column) click "Selection".
1) Expand the Network item in the Right pane (click the "+" to the left
of the Network item).
2) Locate the object you want to restore within the file system.
3) Highlight the item you want to restore.
4) locate the toolbar above the middle of the properties page
(located at top), click the "Versions" button.
5) In the subsequent window that opens you will see dates -select the
(date) Version you want to restore by highlighting same and clicking
C. Selecting "Device/Media".
1) Select the device you want to use for the restore:
a. Highlight what is in the "Devices to be used" box and click the
"Delete" button at the bottom of this box.
2) Select the "Add" button at the bottom of this box once the field is
3) Double click the Network object in the resulting window.
4) Double click the Devices object.
5) Highlight the device you want to use for the restore, and click the
"Next" button at the bottom of this window.
D. Selecting “Job Options".
1) Click the "Advanced Options" button.
2) Uncheck the following boxes:
a. Mount points
b. Child security
c. Parent security
d. Volume restrictions
3) Select "Next" at the bottom of this window.
E. Change the Schedule type to "Run now" in the drop down list.
F. Select the "Apply" button at the bottom of this window.
G. Select the "OK" button at the bottom of this window to close the
properties of the job.
If prompted, simply click "Yes" and allow the job to run.
else , try to import the tape again after creating new restore job as above
07-31-2013 05:35 AM
It is working! - i think that "versions" button was crucial (deafult was latest date), of course i used all advices (with unchekde boxes in point D)
Thank you for your "easy" solution. I am really greatfull :)