Re: "Error retrieving the license information from the server" OMW message (623 Views)
Advisor
imkimmy
Message 1 of 5 (632 Views)
Accepted Solution

"Error retrieving the license information from the server" OMW message

Good morning.  I'm running OMW 9.0 on a Windows 2008r2 platform on WMWare.  This morning when I tried to launch he OMW console, I am getting the following message, "License check:  error retrieving the license information from the server.  Error code:  0x8000703fa".  I'm pretty green at OMW, so I'm not sure why this problem is occurring.  My operators are even getting this message when trying to access the web page.

Is this a problem with the license or something else?  Any help on this would be much appreciated.

-Kimberly

n/a
Advisor
imkimmy
Message 2 of 5 (623 Views)

Re: "Error retrieving the license information from the server" OMW message

FWIW, a reboot of the server took care of the problem. 

Anyone have any idea why this happened?

n/a
Honored Contributor
HaraldPfaender
Message 3 of 5 (619 Views)

Hello,

you could have a look into the Windows Event Log. Maybe there is an error entry.

Honored Contributor
KAKA_2
Message 4 of 5 (610 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Next time you see this problem do not reboot the server. Of course you can if you like it :)

Open the task manager and look for a process called "OvOWELRemoteAccess.exe", kill this process and start your console once again.

Problem will be gone.

To get more technical details for the problem HP support will be right but for that you will need a lot of patience and time.

Good Luck with support.

Thank You.

-KAKA-

Advisor
imkimmy
Message 5 of 5 (608 Views)

Thank you!!!  If we come across this problem again, I will try it.  I didn't see anything in the Windows logs to indicate to me a problem, and unfortunantely people were just yelling the app wasn't working. 

n/a
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.