Re: how to monitor certificates expiry on servers (286 Views)
Frequent Visitor
ck87
Message 1 of 5 (334 Views)

how to monitor certificates expiry on servers

[ Edited ]

hi

anyone has any idea how to monitor certificate expiry and alert when it is expiring?

is there a script to do so?

i am using HP OM 

Honored Contributor
Ram_21
Message 2 of 5 (308 Views)

Re: how to monitor certificates expiry on servers

Hello

When you say certificates - what certificates do you mean? If you are referring to certificates used by OM server for server-agent communications then these certificates expire in 20 years from the time of issue. So there is no tool provided to alert on expiry.

Hope this helps or you get a better answer.

Regards

Ram

HP Expert
EdgardoFlores
Message 3 of 5 (303 Views)

Hi,

Adding to Ram´s answer the only license that you might see that expires would be an evaluation License that will last for 6 months and once it is expired you will receive a message that the license has expired in order for you to add the permanent license.

Regards,

HP Support      

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you liked it I would appreciate KUDOs.

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
ck87
Message 4 of 5 (294 Views)

kudos to ram and edgardo,

sorry for the confusion, what i refer to is to use some HP OM policies to monitor certificates in the certificate store like e.g. ms cert store

thanks and hope you guys can help (:

HP Expert
Ramkumar Devanathan
Message 5 of 5 (286 Views)

Hi, did you check out the certutil command on windows - should be available by default with windows server 2008 and later. if not, it is part of the tool option pack.

this command provides many ways to work with windows certificates and stores. it also has options to list out the certificates nearing expiry time.

have a look at this blog post here - http://blogs.technet.com/b/pki/archive/2008/04/24/how-to-determine-all-certificates-that-will-expire...

there's a script listed there - i have not tried it out but you can :)

hope this helps.
- ramd
HP Software Rocks!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.