Unix OSSPI-Mount policy. How to exclude a filesystem or lower the severity of a specific filesystem (582 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Brian01
Message 1 of 5 (582 Views)
Accepted Solution

Unix OSSPI-Mount policy. How to exclude a filesystem or lower the severity of a specific filesystem

I am looking for some support in excluding or lowering the severity of a single filesystem from the mountability policy while maintaining the original mountability severity on all other filesystems. 

Lets say that if filesystem /abc doesn't pose a severe risk to my environment if it becomes unmounted but if all other filesystems become unmounted I need to be alerted with a critical event.  What I would like to do is set the filesystem /abc at a minor severity level if it becomes unmounted while all other filesystems remain at a critical level if they become unmounted.  

The UNIX OSSPI-Mount policy informs me if any filesystem becomes unmounted. How can I exclude only my minor /abc filessystem from the OSSPI-Mount policy and assign it a minor severity level?. How can that be accomplished? 

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Peter Marko
Message 2 of 5 (579 Views)

Re: Unix OSSPI-Mount policy. How to exclude a filesystem or lower the severity of a specific filesys

The policy is using instance filters so it's quite easy to do what you want to by:
a) changing the regexp in the instance filter condition from the default 'mountability: <*.MP>' to whatever is required to exclude
b) copying the filter and creating a special condition for mountpoints that require lower severity

The problem with this setup is that you cannot filter on nodes if you need to. This would require updating the script to send not just 'mountability: <mountpoint>' as object but something like 'mountability: <node> : <mountpoint>' so you can do filtering on node in the regexp too
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Brian01
Message 3 of 5 (577 Views)

Re: Unix OSSPI-Mount policy. How to exclude a filesystem or lower the severity of a specific filesys

[ Edited ]

So how would that condition be scripted for mountpoints with a lower severity?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Peter Marko
Message 4 of 5 (562 Views)

If you just add a new instance filter condition then e.g. for /tmp and /abc it would be 'mountability: <[/tmp|/abc].MP>$'
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Brian01
Message 5 of 5 (560 Views)

Peter,

Thank you. That's what I thought. Just needed confirmation! Much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation