Re: Trying to download HP SHR 9.30, download keeps getting corrupted (177 Views)
Respected Contributor
dcsbeemer
Message 1 of 5 (215 Views)
Accepted Solution

Trying to download HP SHR 9.30, download keeps getting corrupted

[ Edited ]

Hi there

I'm trying to get my hands on the HP SHR 9.30 trial software, but the download I managed to complete appears to have been corrupted.

Is there perhaps an FTP site I can download it from rather? Preferably a link that can be resumed?

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to Systems Management (OpenView-OP Mgmt) Support and News Forum. - HP Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
dcsbeemer
Message 2 of 5 (212 Views)

Re: Trying to download HP SHR 9.30, download keeps getting corrupted

[ Edited ]

I'm not too sure if I'm just extracting the software incorrectly actually. There are three files, Software_HP_SHR_9.30_for_Win_1_of_3_TD185-15007.part1, Software_HP_SHR_9.30_for_Win_2_of_3_TD185-15008.part2 and Software_HP_SHR_9.30_for_Win_3_of_3_TD185-15009.part3.

Do I need all three files, and if so, how should they be extracted exactly?

EDIT: Nevermind, pretty sure my download is corrupt (unexpected end of archive for part 2).

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Ramkumar Devanathan
Message 3 of 5 (177 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, did you download and read the package re-assembly instructions doc that is available with the downloadables?

That contains the steps to combine these 3 'part' files and create the full iso. once that is done, you would be able to do the iso mount as a dvd media file.

why is this the way it is? this is the way it is due to problems with windows browsers like IE that have limitations downloading files larger than 2gb size.

hope this helps.

- ramd

HP Software Rocks!
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Ramkumar Devanathan
Message 4 of 5 (175 Views)

here's a sample of this package re-assembly instructions document. this is only a sample - not for production use.

note: this is downloaded from the same location as the SHR 9.30 media files. this is subject to change - do not use this file instead of the latest one available from the hp evaluation portal or other authorized download locations.

HP Software Rocks!
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
dcsbeemer
Message 5 of 5 (146 Views)

That definitely helps, and thanks for posting the documentation as well.

I'm busy re-downloading the software now as it very much appears like the files I were given are corrupted. I'm using the download manager option this time though, and will confirm the MD5 checksums afterwards as well, just to be on the safe side.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation