Trap Correlation and Auto-Ackowledge in OMU.9x (182 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Prak5192
Message 1 of 4 (182 Views)

Trap Correlation and Auto-Ackowledge in OMU.9x

Hi All,

I have a problem in Trap correlation and Auto -Acknowledge in OMU.9.x.

My current situation is:

Let a critical trap A (suppose node down) came and it got displayed on OVU console as a critical message. 

Now a normal correlated trap  B (suppose node up) came. This trap is clearing the previous node down message from OVU console and now OVU console is displaying only normal message related to node down trap.

Now the question is ; How can I auto-acknowledge this noraml trap (in my example Trap B) from OVU console so that it will not get displayed on OVU console. 

Thank You

Honored Contributor
Goran Koruga
Message 2 of 4 (173 Views)

Re: Trap Correlation and Auto-Ackowledge in OMU.9x

Hello.

If you don't want it in the Active browser send it directly to the History browser - mark the "On Server Log Only" option (it's under the "Actions" tab in Admin UI).

Regards,

Goran

Frequent Advisor
Prak5192
Message 3 of 4 (169 Views)

HI Goran, 

Thank Your your quick response. Its a good idea. 

Is it possible to set it in data file too? 

As I have a big trap template which has more than thousands traps which are correalted to one another.

Is there any way to set some feild in data file which will send that particular trap directly to the History browser 

Thank You

Honored Contributor
Goran Koruga
Message 4 of 4 (166 Views)

Hello.

What do you mean with the data file?  Policy downloaded to a file?

If so, then yes - you can add "SERVERLOGONLY" under the "SET" section of your condition.

Regards,

Goran

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.