Re: SiteScope - OM-Agent installation is failing (1674 Views)
Occasional Advisor
WolfgangKrause
Message 1 of 9 (1,966 Views)
Accepted Solution

SiteScope - OM-Agent installation is failing

Quick question. Now we are trying to connect SiteScope with OM. But the OM Agent installation is failing.It failed during the intial installation and it is failing when I try to do it manually.

I found the explanation about "how to deinstall/install it manually but I can't install the agent because the folder (<SiteScope root directory>\install\components\oa\<Operating System>) doesn't exist. This is explained in the file /wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=SIS_Integration_BP&file=OM_Events_TS.html. The only folder I have in the installation folder is C:\Program Files\HP\HP BTO Software\install\DSI2DDF. But there is nothing else under C:\Program Files\HP\HP BTO Software\install\

Anybody had the same problem? any ideas?

Thanks

Trusted Contributor
Haim Shuvali
Message 2 of 9 (1,957 Views)

Re: SiteScope - OM-Agent installation is failing

Hi

Try to uninstall and then install the agent using the SiteScope configuration tool. (Start->Program Files-> HP SIteSCope -> COnfiguration tool)

It will run the relevant commands for you

Thanks

- Hemi

Occasional Advisor
WolfgangKrause
Message 3 of 9 (1,957 Views)

no this doesn't help. It is failing each time. Therefore I tried the manual steps which are not working either.

Occasional Advisor
WolfgangKrause
Message 4 of 9 (1,957 Views)

after talking to the support-team, I learned that you have to uninstall SiteScope, install it again without installing the OM Agent and install the agent manually via Start->Program Files-> HP SIteSCope -> Configuration

Trusted Contributor
Haim Shuvali
Message 5 of 9 (1,957 Views)

Hi

We are not familiar with such a problem and this troublshooting solution - what is the OS platform you are using? what was it "failiing" for?

Thanks

- Hemi

Occasional Advisor
WolfgangKrause
Message 6 of 9 (1,957 Views)

We are running it on Windows 2008.

During the SiteScope 11 installation, it asks you if you want to install the Agent. I said "yes" and it failed (it didn't report any error code/... ). So I tried using the Conf.Wizard to install the agent, it failed too. See screenshot. After uninstalling SiteScope, installing it without the agent and following the manual steps from the Readme (like "uninstalling the agent,..., ...., running install\components\oa_policy_signing_tool\win64>HPOprIAPA-09.00.111-Win5.2_64-release.msi) it worked.

Send me your email and I will send a few screenshots.

Trusted Contributor
Haim Shuvali
Message 7 of 9 (1,957 Views)

Hi

It is a known defect "OM Agent fails to installed on Win 2008 64 bit"

Thanks

- Hemi

Occasional Contributor
Mike_Stevens
Message 8 of 9 (1,957 Views)

I tried the same thing when version 11 was first released - install on Windows 2008. Although documentation said the OS was supported, it was not until I started to enable the OM integration that I discovered several issues. Needless to say, I had to revert the OS to Windows 2003 and reload SiteScope.

One thing I have noted is we pushed an OM agent upgrade that hit a node group inlcluding our SiteScope servers. When the agent was upgraded from the one that comes with the SiteScope installation, the intregration piece stopped functioning. I had to uninstall teh OM agent and then reinstall using the SiteScope configuration tool.

Cheers,

Michael

Occasional Collector
JSEgaara
Message 9 of 9 (1,674 Views)

hi guys im new to sitescope, im also encountering this error, i try to install sitescope in a laptop with OS windows 7, and displays a error message of configuration was succesfully installed with the following warnings: errors occured upon installation of HP operation agent please help guys, this was on the manual configuration 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.