12-02-2013 12:11 PM - last edited on 12-15-2013 05:54 PM by maikoro
SHR is failing to pull data from DB. This is after a fresh restart of the server.
- BSM 9.22
- SHR 9.30 (single server installation/Windows)
A database error occured. The database error text is : [Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Database server connection limit exceeded. (WIS 10901)
Looking around online indicates this is a specific Sybase error. So, a few questions.
- Does SHR ship with Sybase IQ personal edition (which is limited to 10 connections)?
- If so, how many connections does SHR use, even after a clean reboot?
- EIther way, how to resolve this?
P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to Systems Management (OpenView-OP Mgmt) Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator
12-02-2013 07:21 PM - edited 12-02-2013 07:23 PM
The default number of connections to Sybase DB is 100 (at least it was 100 with previous SHR versions, I didn't check it specifically for SHR 9.30).
To increase the number of database connections available:
1. Stop the HP SH Reporter Sybase Service.
2. Modify the following parameter from "-gm 100" to "-gm 150" in the <Install Dir>\Sybase\IQ-15_1\scripts\pmdbConfig.cfg file.
3. Start the HP SH Report Sybase Service.