Re: Put external node in outage in OMW9 (968 Views)
Trusted Contributor
hp4u
Message 1 of 9 (1,013 Views)
Accepted Solution

Put external node in outage in OMW9

Hi,

I want to put external nodes in outage in OMW9,can anyone suggest me,I am using below commands but getting the below error(after running this command it shows nodes in outage) not sure why this error:

C:\Users\inydkt>ovownodeutil -outage_exnode -unplanned -exnode_path "\Staging-Un ix\Trap_Test\EMC Trap" -on

Set external nodes: ERROR:    (NDUT1009) Following WMI error occured:           Description: (MDLAPI12) Unexpected error occurred. Please contact HP           support.           Status code: -1040252916           Operation: ExecMethod           Parameter info:           OV_ExternalNode.Name="{850AA485-8715-456C-869E-5B93AAD9E7BE}"           Provider: WinMgmt

C:\Users\inydkt>ovownodeutil -outage_exnode -unplanned -exnode_path "\Staging-Un ix\Trap_Test\EMC Trap" -off

Set external nodes: ERROR:    (NDUT1009) Following WMI error occured:           Description: (MDLAPI12) Unexpected error occurred. Please contact HP           support.           Status code: -1040252916           Operation: ExecMethod           Parameter info:           OV_ExternalNode.Name="{850AA485-8715-456C-869E-5B93AAD9E7BE}"           Provider: WinMgmt

Please suggest.

Regards,
hp4u
Trusted Contributor
hp4u
Message 2 of 9 (988 Views)

Re: Put external node in outage in OMW9

Any  suggestion on this?

Regards,
hp4u
HP Expert
BeatrizR
Message 3 of 9 (968 Views)

Hello hp4u,

Do you receive any error message if you put the external node in outage from the OMW console? Select All Tasks > Set unplanned outage > On. Then, the Unplanned Node Outage dialog box opens and you have to select "Delete" or "Acknowledge" depending on what you want to do with the messages received during the outage.

Is the same error appearing when you scheduled the outage for that external node?

Do you receive the same error message if the node is not external?

Please make sure that the hierarchical path of the node is correct.

Best regards,

Beatriz

HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an "Accepted as Solution".
If you liked the reply then please show this with KUDOs
Trusted Contributor
hp4u
Message 4 of 9 (958 Views)

Hi,

While putting it from GUI not receiving such error:)

I need this coomand to put 100 of external servers  in outage mode.If there are small number then we can put them in outage from GUI but for activity in bulk we need such command.

Regards,
hp4u
HP Expert
Guciuciu
Message 5 of 9 (944 Views)

Hello hp4u,

I saw you ran the command below:

ovownodeutil -outage_exnode -unplanned -exnode_path "\Staging-Un ix\Trap_Test\EMC Trap" -on

I see there is a space within the first node group:

Staging-Un ix

Is this intended or is it a typo?

Please check this and also tell us if the hierarchical path is indeed:

Nodes --> Staging-Un ix --> Trap_Test

and if the node is called "EMC Trap"

Thanks and regards,

HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an "Accepted as Solution".
If you liked the reply then please show this with KUDOs.
HP Expert
BeatrizR
Message 6 of 9 (930 Views)

Hi hp4u,

The same command is working for me, so please check again if your hierarchical path is correct:

"\Staging-Un ix\Trap_Test\EMC Trap"

I would like to know also if you receive the same error message when putting a non external node in outage. Which is the exact command used in this case?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Beatriz

HP Support
If you liked the reply then please show this with KUDOs
Trusted Contributor
hp4u
Message 7 of 9 (922 Views)

Hi,

Please see the snapsot and suggest.

Regards,
hp4u
HP Expert
Guciuciu
Message 8 of 9 (900 Views)

Hello hp4u,

I have never seen this error code -1040252916 before. There must be something unaligned within the WMI or the OvEpStatusEngine is not able to finalize the task somehow.

What I would ask you at this point is the following:

1. Double-check if D86C1849-11E4-43EE-864C-CD0082C3BB36 is the Unique ID of the external node "aspectlab"
  2. If so, can you try to delete the external node "aspectlab" from the Node Editor, apply the change, verify that the node disappears from the node tree, readd it again and try to put it in outage again with ovowmsgutil. Same error?
  3. If the same error appears, can you please try to restart the OMW services with the command "vpstat -3 -r" ? Perhaps, a restart of OvEpStatusEngine helps here
  4. If it doesn't help either, can you please tell me the patch level of your OMW server? Please share the output of "vpstat -p".

HTH,

HP Support
If you liked the reply then please show this with KUDOs.
Trusted Contributor
hp4u
Message 9 of 9 (881 Views)

I don't know what is the issue but when I have created on  more external node and tried to suppress it,it works fine.

Regards,
hp4u
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.