Re: Policy DBSPI Discovery already running - new request to run is (335 Views)
Valued Contributor
Brandy Reid
Message 1 of 5 (346 Views)

Policy DBSPI Discovery already running - new request to run is

I'm seeing this in several of the system.txt files on systems running DBSPI 11.5 for MSSQL.

agtrep (3756/3996): (agtrep-41) Policy DBSPI Discovery already running - new request to run is ignored

Does anyone know how to correct the issue?

http://www.linkedin.com/in/brandyreid
Say "Thanks" by clicking on Kudo's to the left :)
Advisor
PKS
Message 2 of 5 (336 Views)

Re: Policy DBSPI Discovery already running - new request to run is

The previous scheduled  DBSPI discovery policy script is stuck and not exiting. Check the ps -ef output for hung dbspi discovery processes else restart the agent (you can use the om tool if there are multiple nodes with same issue).

Advisor
PKS
Message 3 of 5 (335 Views)

there could be some .lock files which did not get deleted on the node and the new schedule finds the lock file and does not launch new discovery thinking the previous one is still active.....

Valued Contributor
Brandy Reid
Message 4 of 5 (332 Views)

Hi PKS,

I don't think ps -ef will display the process information on a Windows Server :)

I was hoping to hear of a hotfix that has been released for this issue. Guess I'll have to open a case with HP. There are way too many systems to try to fix by hand...
http://www.linkedin.com/in/brandyreid
Say "Thanks" by clicking on Kudo's to the left :)
Advisor
PKS
Message 5 of 5 (326 Views)

Oh OK, MSSQL .. didn't notice that ... try with agent restart if that works else HP ......

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.