Re: Operation Manager for Windows 9.0 (50 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Hesham_3
Message 1 of 4 (210 Views)
Accepted Solution

Operation Manager for Windows 9.0

Dear All,

We have plan to install Ops. Manager for Windows version 9.0 in our environment, would like to know if it is possible to install it on a Virtual Machine having guest OS Win 2008 R2 x64 with SP1, because in the installation and Migration guide I could not get any detail for support on Esxi host and virtual machine.

Other concern is supported data bases are given for MS SQL Server 2005, 2008 OR 2008 express edition. What about possibility of Oracle 11g?

Looking forward for response on above two concerns.

Thanks,

h
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ram_21
Message 2 of 4 (200 Views)

Re: Operation Manager for Windows 9.0

Hello

You can install OMW 9.0 on a Windows 2008 R2 server that is running on a virtual environment. It will not run into any issues as long as the requirements in the OMW Install Guide are met by the virtual machine (requirements are same as in a physical machine).

OMW can only be used to manage SQL database and it cannot use Oracle database. There is no workaround for it.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ram

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
karimbenzema
Message 3 of 4 (63 Views)

How are you everybody someone can be so kind to help me with that question see below:
I am trying to migrate some DCE agents,

I don't have a management server for 8.16 installed... I just have the 8.16 ISO image as I thought it would have the agent installation packages on it. The installation section on the document is written as if the 8.16 management server was online (we have an OMW 9 management server):

Below is where the agent files are if the 8.16 management server was online according to the document:

2 On the management server go to the directory:

%OvShareDir%\Packages\Windows\Windows_manual\<langauge>

Copy the directory to your managed node system or to some portable media.

Can I get the packages from the 8.16 ISO that I downloaded from the site?

I will appreciate any advice.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ram_21
Message 4 of 4 (50 Views)

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation