Re: OMW8.16 integration with Service-now( ticketing tool) (513 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Bernzz
Message 1 of 7 (572 Views)

OMW8.16 integration with Service-now( ticketing tool)

In my environmnet we have omw 8.16 integrated with Servicenow( ticketing tool). We use SubmitTTbyrule(wmi) policy to forward events to servicenow. Automatic command of the poicy is used to call OMW_Servicenow_integration script.

Ideally when the ticket state moved to resolved or closed, the alerts in the OMW console should get automatically acknowledged. On a random basis messages are not getting acknowledged. Leaving the console with many unacknowledged alerts. The consequence being , new alerts  which is getting generated for the same issue are becoming duplicates of the existing ones. and we tend to miss many alerts.

I was not able to see any post anywhere regarding HPOMW-servicenow integration. Except for the doc in service now wiki.

Have any one else experienced similar issues? .It would be great if some one could share some light into this. Atleast it would be great if any one could share the trouble shooting steps to be taken from OMW on this. Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
hp4u
Message 2 of 7 (547 Views)

Re: OMW8.16 integration with Service-now( ticketing tool)

Hi Bernzz,can you provide any document to integrate Service now with OMW.I want to integrate it.

Regards,
hp4u
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Bernzz
Message 3 of 7 (542 Views)

This would help you in integration.

http://wiki.servicenow.com/index.php?title=HP_Openview_Operations_Integration_2.0

Regards

bernzz

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Bernzz
Message 4 of 7 (535 Views)

Dear Dharmendra,

I was in lookout for a vb script which would do a helath check on all nodes in the environment (opcragt -status,ping).

In details

1.Fetch the list of nodes from a file or using opcnode -list.

2.Run the opcragt -status command

3.Check the command 0/p for the aborted/stopped/isnt runnig process on the nodes.

4.Redirect the output to a file

5. sending the report as a mail. ( Even if this is not there it would be ok :) )

I could see couple of posts by you relating to the same , guess you have resolved your issues and the script is working for you.

It would be a great help if you could share the scripts Bundles of point to be awarded. :)

Regards

Bernzz

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
hp4u
Message 5 of 7 (523 Views)

I will reply yo you on this once I am in office:)

Regards,
hp4u
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
hp4u
Message 6 of 7 (513 Views)

Hi,

Sorry for Delay,see the attachament.Make changes according to your requirement.

Regards,
hp4u
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Bernzz
Message 7 of 7 (508 Views)

Dear Dharmendra,

Awesome, Exactly what i need. I had delivered a simple version of the same in perl as it was an immediete request. But when i went through your well written script , could see a lot i missed. Everything is very well incorperated in the script. 

Removing mine and going with your's.Great work man.. Thanks again.

Reagrds

Bernzz

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation