Unix OSSPI-Mount policy. How to exclude a filesystem or lower the severity of a specific filesystem (229 Views)
Regular Advisor
JeroenML
Message 1 of 2 (237 Views)

[OMW] OSSPI Unix Mount policy filter help needed...

Hello everyone,

I am using the OSSPI-Mount policy from the SPI for Unix set on OMW 8.1. This policy is used on IBM AIX Systems which use the /etc/filesystems file as input.

The point is, the script/policy comes with the following message:

"Filesystem on is not mounted."

Between "on" and "is" are 2 spaces where in between the "filesystem" must be shown. The fact is, the variable is empty... But I cannot figure out how to filter these messages out of the policy.

Condition (Objectname matches) :
mountability: <*.MP>

The variable <*.MP> is empty! Not even a space in there! Can someone help me with this rule? I want to drop messages where the <*.MP> is empty! (or where the condition exactly matches when there is no mountpoint...

Can some1 help plz!?

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen
Occasional Advisor
Brian01
Message 2 of 2 (229 Views)

Unix OSSPI-Mount policy. How to exclude a filesystem or lower the severity of a specific filesystem

I am looking for some support in excluding or lowering the severity of a single filesystem from the mountability policy while maintaining the original mountability severity on all other filesystems. 

Lets say that if filesystem /abc doesn't pose a severe risk to my environment if it becomes unmounted but if all other filesystems become unmounted I need to be alerted with a critical event.  What I would like to do is set the filesystem /abc at a minor severity level if it becomes unmounted while all other filesystems remain at a critical level if they become unmounted.  Now the UNIX OSSPI-Mount policy informs me if any filesystem becomes unmounted. How can I exclude only my minor /abc filessystem from the OSSPI-Mount policy and assign it a minor severity level?. How can that be accomplished? 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.