Re: OMW HA configuration query (171 Views)
Regular Advisor
Chetan_J
Message 1 of 9 (321 Views)

OMW HA configuration query

Dear All,

Please let us know, whether OMW is supported in Windows 2012 for HA cluster configuration.

Regards,

Chetan

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ram_21
Message 2 of 9 (305 Views)

Re: OMW HA configuration query

Hello

You can install OMW 9.0 on a Windows 2012 cluster. Check the OMW installatoin patch OMW_00151 for it has steps on what you need to do for such a cluster system.

You can find the installation patch here

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_OMW_00151

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ram

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Utkarshpatel
Message 3 of 9 (277 Views)

Hello ,

thanks for the link.

We followed the link and started the configuration on the cluster. during installation we are faced with an error in the component#7 , HP Operations Manager- Server and console core components.

The pop up error says,"Operation BringOnline failed for the Cluster Resource HPOM Store Provider. do you want to retry or cancel the operation?"

When we looked in the clsuter for errors, we founf the below in Cluster Events:

Cluster network name resource 'HPOM Network Name' failed to create its associated computer object in domain 'xyz.com' during: Resource online.

The text for the associated error code is: A constraint violation occurred.

Please work with your domain administrator to ensure that:
- The cluster identity 'MINOPSCLUS$' has Create Computer Objects permissions. By default all computer objects are created in the same container as the cluster identity 'MINOPSCLUS$'.
- The quota for computer objects has not been reached.
- If there is an existing computer object, verify the Cluster Identity 'MINOPSCLUS$' has 'Full Control' permission to that computer object using the Active Directory Users and Computers tool.

Kindly guide as to how do i proceed??

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ram_21
Message 4 of 9 (260 Views)

Hello

Double check that the user who is installing has proper permissions for the installation is not able to create the OMW resource in the cluster. Also make sure you have met all the requirements for installing OMW 9.0 in the Windows 2012 cluster (there are 4 specific pre-reqs that needs to be enabled in the cluster).

If you still face issues then please do get in touch with HP Support and get their help.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ram

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Utkarshpatel
Message 5 of 9 (253 Views)

Hello Ram, 

The 4 pre-requisites are already in place. What i feel is that the error is observed in creationg of the 10 object in the cluster. If we look at the cluster, it already has vreated about 10 objects prior to creating this. If it would have been an issue with the rights then it would have stopped us in the first object creatiuon itself. 

Is there anything thing else that can be done?

I will be logging a case with HP and ill update once we get the solution.

Thanks for your advice

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ram_21
Message 6 of 9 (244 Views)

Hello

Check this

http://robertsmit.wordpress.com/2012/06/26/cluster-network-name-resource-failed-to-create-its-associ...

Wonder if it this is what is happening during the installation due to permissions.

Regards

Ram

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Utkarshpatel
Message 7 of 9 (233 Views)

Hello Ram,

I will go throught the link and let you know if i find some way out.

Meanwhile we are also logging a case with HP for the same.

Ill keep you posted.

Thanks

Utkarsh

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Utkarshpatel
Message 8 of 9 (180 Views)

Hello Ram,

We logged a case with HP and after a lot of efforts we were able to finally install OMw on Cluster 2012. However now the due to some reasons we are going to install OWM on 2008 R2 in a cluster.

I need your help in knowing how do i proceed with the Installation, as in like in 2012, do we start the installation with some patch? do i need to take special care of anythign while installing omw?

Please help me out with these details. We are under very strict timelines to install and configure OMW.

I will be sharign the result of the issue in 2012 soon.

Thanks and Regards

Utkarsh

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Carlos_Pinto
Message 9 of 9 (171 Views)

Hello,

To install OMW in  2008 R2 in a cluster please also use the latest installation patch which is:

installation patch   Open this result in new window 

OMW_00151

[KM00397950 OMW_00151 Installation Patch ... General Release ... operations manager for windows 9.00 ... windows: 2008-x64 Windows 9.00 , Should I download? Download Link DOWNLOAD PATCH Product(s) HP Operations Manager for Windows 9.00 Hardware

Some of the problems solved are:

Change Request: QCCR1A100496
  When installing OMW9 on Windows 2008 R2 server, it fails
  at the step "Self Management component".
Change Request: QCCR1A119071
  When you install OMW 9.0 in a Windows 2008 R2 64 bit VM
  environment the installation rolls back. It is rolling
  back during the step "OMW Server/Console component"with
  this error in the HPOM_Foundation_install_detail.txt:

And it's available at:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00397950

Please also refer to the following document for more help "Operations Manager Installation and Migration Guide":

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM996628

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Carlos Pinto

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you liked it I would appreciate KUDOs.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation