OMU 9.11 messages aren't acknowledged when using continue actions (401 Views)
Regular Advisor
Mario Brackeva
Message 1 of 5 (401 Views)
Accepted Solution

OMU 9.11 messages aren't acknowledged when using continue actions

We use a lot of Measurement_Threshold monitors. In OMU 8 we used to set "Message Generation" to continuous, to have a message (or duplicate) every interval. When we try the same thing in OMU 9.11 using "Continue Actions", then no messages are acknowledged for that monitor. This renders that feature useless.

Correlation is set to automatic (Show only newest message ...) and the continue actions are set to "Use the specified 'Start Actions'".

As soon as the continue actions are removed, the messages are correlated again and behavior is correct.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something. We are currently migrating from OMU 8 to OMU 9, so knowledge of the new features is still limited.

HP Expert
Christian Scotti
Message 2 of 5 (365 Views)

Re: OMU 9.11 messages aren't acknowledged when using continue actions

Could you clarify which agent version are you using? 11.00, 11.01 or 11.02 by chance?

My best guess is that the messages from "Continue Actions" might not get triggered because of the monitor agent state persistence feature which is set to TRUE by default in the above versions.

What happens if you set it to false and restart opcmona?

> ovconfchg -ns eaagt -set OPC_MON_SAVE_STATE FALSE

Best regards,

Christian

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an accepted solution
Regular Advisor
Mario Brackeva
Message 3 of 5 (362 Views)

The messages are triggered allright. But they remain in the active list. All messages that are to be expected appear fine. But no correlation takes place.

Anyway, the agent's version is 11.13. But I also tried a 8.60 agent, with the same result. The issue is on the server in my opinion.

HP Expert
tobias_m
Message 4 of 5 (354 Views)

Hello,

There is a defect in the 9.11.040 server patch that would explain this behavior:

QCCR1A170785 OML9.11.040, message key correlation does not work for duplicates.

A hotfix is available for that issue. Please open a support case to request a hotfix for that CR.

Best regards,

Tobias

Regular Advisor
Mario Brackeva
Message 5 of 5 (337 Views)

That's it! Fix applied and issue resolved!

Tx!

Mario.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.