OML Installation with external Oracle server 11g (263 Views)
Advisor
tritsako
Message 1 of 3 (263 Views)

OML Installation with external Oracle server 11g

Dear Experts,

I have installed OML (9.10) on a linux (RH) server and I have stopped the installation on the section for Oracle server connection.

At my client’s installation I must use an external Oracle 11g server (and not Oracle on the same machine) and I do not know how to make the connection.

As nothing is mentioned within the Installation OML manual for external Oracle server connection (at least I cannot find it)

I kindly ask you if you have any guide lines or documentation to help me make this type of OML installation.

Thank you in advance.

Costas

Honored Contributor
Goran Koruga
Message 2 of 3 (225 Views)

Re: OML Installation with external Oracle server 11g

Hello.

Installation Guide does in fact have a chapter about this -- "Setting Up HPOM with a Remote/Manual
Oracle Database".

Regards,

Goran

HP Expert
EdgardoFlores
Message 3 of 3 (206 Views)

Re: OML Installation with external Oracle server 11g

Hello,

Goran is right there are specific instructions on the Installation guide for remote databases usage with HPOM for Linux.

You can find them in pages 114-130. The following link will get you to the installation guide:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1023355/binary/OMU9.10_Linux_Installation.pdf?se...

Hope this helps.

HP Support                             

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you liked it I would appreciate KUDOs.

Thanks.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.